[Release] ACE v1.1b
Posted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:14 pm
anth wrote:*** INTRODUCTION ***
Hello everyone. Here's another update to ACE. This release includes a relatively large amount of changes so I bumped the major version number from v1.0 to v1.1. This also means this release comes with a new IACE package, so if you have any ACE plugin mods, you may have to recompile them.
There will be another minor release soon to fix the remaining issues with the latest Windows 10 build. The release after that will include updated native protection, timer fixes for smoother gameplay, and possibly support for some new games
This is the list of changes:
A full list of changes will be made available at:
* [FIXED] Filelist updater no longer working on some platforms
* [FIXED] Updated UScript call stack scanner to properly track state code
* [FIXED] False positive kicks for some system dlls caused by changes in the
Visual C++ code generation back-end
* [FIXED] Game server freezing during mapswitches
* [FIXED] False positive kicks for corrupted ddraw.dll files caused by Windows
10's D3DX to D3D12 mapping layer
* [FIXED] AutoConfig no longer discards UPackages that are still in the UEngine
* [ADDED] New UScript protection feature: mods now need to be whitelisted to
access vector and rotator variables in a playerpawn class. This feature
replaces and improves a UScript protection routine I tested in v1.0d but
removed in v1.0e because it broke many legitimate mods (e.g., XConsole)
* [ADDED] FileList definitions for the latest Kentie D3D Renderers
* [CHANGED] Various performance fixes
* [CHANGED] The client frame rate is now capped at 200fps (up from 180)
* [CHANGED] Developers can now override the class used to spawn and render the
ACE splash logo by modifying the BadgeNotifyClass option in the ACEActor
*** INSTALLATION ***
If you are currently running NPLoader v1.7 (which comes with ACE v1.1+), the installation is fairly straightforward: just unzip the package in your server's root folder and reboot the server.
If you are not running NPLoader v1.7, then please refer to the INSTALL.txt document included in the package.
*** CONFIGURATION ***
Please refer to the SETTINGS.txt document included in the package.
*** KNOWN ISSUES ***
Installation Issues: Some other testers have reported issues installing the server files. Most of these are caused by outdated system libraries. Please note that you will need glibc 2.15 or later on Linux. Linux distributions released before 2012 might have older versions of glibc.
A second problem seems to occur for certain admins running x86_64 Linux servers. These admins might see the following error message:
This is most likely caused by a corrupted PlayerManager file. Please make sure that you upload the files in binary mode rather than text mode!
Code: Select all
Path to the PlayerManager: /data/ut-server/System/PlayerManager/ACEv11b_M ACE: ERROR - Communication with PlayerManager failed - poll errno: 4 Interrupted system call ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Failed [ACEv11b]: ERROR: ACE could not spawn the PlayerManager. [ACEv11b]: ERROR: ACE is now disabled. ACE: ERROR - PlayerManager Connection Shutting Down!
Kick logs that say "Not kicking because bStrictSystemLibraryChecks is set to false": This is not technically an issue. ACE v1.0+ has some very aggressive detection routines that detect a lot of legitimate external programs (e.g., Fraps, Display Drivers, Sound drivers, virus scanners...) because they do terrible things to your system DLLs. If you see this kick status, just ignore the log. The player will not be kicked.