VM: The Purge

=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

VM: The Purge

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:37 pm

Tomorrow night, on the USA channel, the movie based series is coming to television for a 10 episode event and if you haven't guessed it by now, it's the Purge, check the trailer below:

Everything is legal for 24 hours, well, it gave me an idea.

This weekend, Vulpine Mission will host their own Purge but it won't be for 24 hours but in fact, 72 hours of nothing but destruction. No one will be safe, not the IG, NW or RX players can run from this. You have either two options, hide or seek. This weekend, for the first time in a very long time, spawn protection will be DISABLED.

Will you hide or will you seek?

Thursday Night at 11:59 PM EST it comes off and it will go back on Monday morning at 12:01 AM EST.
intro.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Re: VM: The Purge

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob » Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:46 pm

Weekend ruined

Brought to you by CM
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:41 am

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:
Mon Sep 03, 2018 11:46 pm
Weekend ruined

Brought to you by CM
Well, hold up bud.

Back when I started playing UT99, several RX CTF Servers did not implement Spawnkilling protection. Once I figured out how to use the RX properly, I used spawnkilling as my weapon of choice.

Have you ever thought, why there is spawn protection on the servers, RX CTF that is, today? Let's take a trip down memory lane, shall we?

WINGS had three players on the server that IF they were NOT on the same team, we would make it possible, and once those three got on the same team, it was GAME OVER for their opponents. Would you like to know who those three were? BigSaam, Flawless and I. It was in fact BigSaam that taught me how to spawnkill.

Remember Narrow7 AD? The map with the titan gun in the spawn area? When the three of us were on the same team, I would be in the enemy spawn, with the titan gun, using the flame thrower, while Flawless would lock the doors so the enemies wouldn't escape and BigSaam would kill the ones that got out and grab and cap the flag. Here's where the problem started... I got it down to timing. Once my ammo was about to run out, the new ones would spawn. I would sit there the entire map, until it was over, locking the enemies in their base (even if Flawless went out and got the roamers).

I would not leave that map with under 500 frags, if I did, it was rare.

Fast forward, I had a spawn killing contest with a member of SA who went and still goes by the name of Flash Martin. He said, he could beat me in spawnkilling, wrong choice of words. Remember the map waiting room? All RX's and two flags, catty corner to each other... first one to a 1000 frags, won. Guess who lost? Wasn't me.

Now, I'll give credit where it's due and when my spawnkilling days came to an end. I join AA, remember that clan? Deadeye, Viper, etc. Viper crushed me every chance he had in spawnkilling. He ended my spawnkilling days.

Fast forward, 2018, VM servers, HoF Servers, every CTF RX Server to date has SPAWN PROTECTION because of me, flawless and BigSaam. WINGS and HoF incorporated it because everyone started to complain about me (mostly) because there isn't a map, from the past, that I didn't spawn kill in and at least, got over 100 frags (and that's just cushion, it could've been well above 250).

So, if you want to THANK anyone here for getting spawn protection on the servers, look no further ;)

Anyways, regarding this, it's not an every day event and it's on temporary.. trust me, I'm not the way I used to be, if anyone is dominant now when it comes to spawn killing, it's the great ol' Slaggaroo.

Now, A3 or Toxic could confirm my story above but I'm sure that they'll deny it but it's very coincidental, that before I came into wings server, they didn't have and by the time I left, they incorporate it (simply because there was no loss with a team that had me, flawless and saam on it). Let me also add this, even with spawn protection, I found ways to spawn kill but it wasn't as deadly as it was without it. This is the first image I posted, after I merged -=SIF=- in with {SoP} to create -=SoP=-, at this time, I believe WINGS had spawn protection:
PWN-1.jpg
Grant it, might not look so pretty but that's with spawn protection, and only the tip of the iceberg. Unfortunately, I do not know when it was uploaded :|
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.
United States of America

Post by EvolutionZero » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 am

r u seriously braggin about being the best spawnkiller in ut? Thats a good way to get stoned my friend....and not the good kind :D
Last edited by EvolutionZero on Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
A.K.A *FTB*~NightWing~, *FTB*~Zero~, *FTB*~AbsoluteZero~, *FTB*~AbsoluteZ~, =A!M=H!Vltg3, =A!M=Voltage, |PIG|Remnant, |PIG|LockDown, TallGeese, {UTA}DeathScythe, {FHG}Nova, {oToD}ChickenWing, |RIIP|Faint....
i dont have an aliasing problem or anything :laugh
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 am

EvolutionZero wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 am
r u seriously braggin about being the best spawnkiller in ut? Thats a way to get stoned my friend....and not the good kind :D
Now, binslayer, you definitely got me beat but I'm not a binslayer CTF player :)
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:52 am

Although, I cannot take all the credit for the spawn protection, because after other's got to the idea as I did, they also started doing it and it became very hectic, even I can say that. So when the server didn't have flaw me or saam in it, there were others doing the same thing.
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:56 am

I have no problem admitting to this, I lamed the servers up badly and it wasn't just WINGS.

But again, if there's not protection, why not do it? Slagg is your worst enemy on things like this, and you're best tagging me in to help you stop him, cause he'll do the most damage, not me.
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.
United States of America

Post by EvolutionZero » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:09 am

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 am
EvolutionZero wrote:
r u seriously braggin about being the best spawnkiller in ut? Thats a way to get stoned my friend....and not the good kind :D
Now, binslayer, you definitely got me beat but I'm not a binslayer CTF player :)
oh ya no one can spawnkill better than in the binslayer gametype. Tho im so rusty u prolly could beat me at a spawnkilling binslayer match lol. But dont u dare walk into the server when sinister is around lol. But i wasnt talking about that, i just meant its not wise to brag about something usually seen as a asshat move :D
A.K.A *FTB*~NightWing~, *FTB*~Zero~, *FTB*~AbsoluteZero~, *FTB*~AbsoluteZ~, =A!M=H!Vltg3, =A!M=Voltage, |PIG|Remnant, |PIG|LockDown, TallGeese, {UTA}DeathScythe, {FHG}Nova, {oToD}ChickenWing, |RIIP|Faint....
i dont have an aliasing problem or anything :laugh
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:19 am

EvolutionZero wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:09 am
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:48 am
EvolutionZero wrote:
oh ya no one can spawnkill better than in the binslayer gametype. Tho im so rusty u prolly could beat me at a spawnkilling binslayer match lol. But dont u dare walk into the server when sinister is around lol. But i wasnt talking about that, i just meant its not wise to brag about something usually seen as a asshat move :D
It may be an asshat move nowadays, lol. But back then, who didn't do it? I did take it over the top though, lol. If any admins back then had any common sense, they would've added protection once they booted up their servers. Not my fault (at least at that time, it was my ego speaking) they didn't. AND to make things worse, some servers didn't have the translocator... so imagine getting spawn killed with no translocator, lmao.

As far as this weekend, there's nothing wrong with putting a spin on things from time to time, bring back the past for a few days.
=(V)=Stample
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Stample » Tue Sep 04, 2018 12:41 pm

Oh boy

You ready Slagg?