VM: The Purge

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Re: VM: The Purge

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Look at this guy acting like he is the reason spawn protection happened

Spawn protection happened because of the rb rx and how hof players and newbies couldn't handle getting spawn killed, hence the changes in the explosion radius, the speed of the rx, and the increase in the rate at which they spawn.

Not only was spawn protection added against the rb rx, but it was against nw players as well. When hof started running the rb server and the rb rx, there was a significant skill gap in normal weapons between hof players and rb players cause most of the hof players weren't used to nw and mostly relied on rx play. You know, the people who would immediately run and bunny hop towards an rx instead of just using their damn enforcer and shooting back. It was like shooting fish in a barrel in the beginning hence why there was a lot of strife between rb and hof players cause people accused others of cheating left and right, which was partly a reason why I was an outside admin at hof, too cool the tension between hof players and rb players
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Loading…

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:07 pm

Stop trying to catch up to my post count.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Loading…

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:08 pm

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:05 pm

Spawn protection happened because of the rb rx and how hof players and newbies couldn't handle getting spawn killed, hence the changes in the explosion radius, the speed of the rx, and the increase in the rate at which they spawn.

Not only was spawn protection added against the rb rx, but it was against nw players as well. When hof started running the rb server and the rb rx, there was a significant skill gap in normal weapons between hof players and rb players cause most of the hof players weren't used to nw and mostly relied on rx play. You know, the people who would immediately run and bunny hop towards an rx instead of just using their damn enforcer and shooting back. It was like shooting fish in a barrel in the beginning hence why there was a lot of strife between rb and hof players cause people accused others of cheating left and right, which was partly a reason why I was an outside admin at hof, too cool the tension between hof players and rb players
remember when an enforcer could take down a jet?

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:19 pm

Yes but didn't RB/HoF happen like under 10 years ago? I'm talking way before then, around the time when I started (2-3 years afterwards). I remember HoF not having it and after WINGS put it on their server, then it was implemented, cause I used to go wreck havoc on their server, lol.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in Unreal Tournament 1999 and World of Tanks: Blitz divisions.
My tags are: =(V)=CandyMan and CandyMan_[VM19]

More games and divisions are coming soon...
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:21 pm

Unless the RB/HoF thing happened during the same time I would go in and spawnkill, that's a possibility.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in Unreal Tournament 1999 and World of Tanks: Blitz divisions.

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:04 pm

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:08 pm

remember when an enforcer could take down a jet?

And even if you didn't take it down you could still cripple them, good times
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:05 pm

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:21 pm
Unless the RB/HoF thing happened during the same time I would go in and spawnkill, that's a possibility.
It may have, I'm not quite sure, if I had access to the old hof forums I'm sure I could find the discussion that went on in the admin section about it
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:46 pm

Tue Sep 04, 2018 2:05 pm
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:21 pm
It may have, I'm not quite sure, if I had access to the old hof forums I'm sure I could find the discussion that went on in the admin section about it
Don't worry about it. I may have the time frame mixed up.

=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:08 pm

anyway, lets all enjoy the spawn killing while it lasts
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob » Tue Sep 04, 2018 3:11 pm

A good read for the new comers LUL :

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=620&p=10773&hilit=s ... ing#p10773

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=365&p=6612&hilit=spawnkilling#p6612

Hey @RJ, do you have the topic that i made with the title " PSA: Spawnkilling " cached in your drive somewhere ? I would love to reread it because it had some really interesting arguments/ideas.

Return to “General Discussion”