Best in the World Tournament

=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:32 am

I want to try something different, we all can claim we're the "best", some of us can back it up, some of us just spew the word, but "are" we? I want to attempt the first ever Best in the World Tournament, where players from the past and present go head to head in 1v1's until there's only one standing, in the end. This isn't just going to happen over night either, all of us will need to pull together to make this work, maybe we can put together a grand prize whether it be a cash, shit loads of other things or etc.

We'll rename the Vulpine Mission server, Discord Server, blast your names on our forums, etc. acknowledging that you are in fact the Best in the World. Give credit where it's due, try to get as many players to participate, the more the better, from all corners of the planet, etc. Doesn't matter if they don't play anymore or if they're new, etc. Doesn't matter if they play IG, NW, RX, Siege, BT, MH, etc.

The Tournament can last for months, that depends on how many players want in.. this is the "pre alpha"... don't say it won't work.. let's try to get something going... at least for the 20th anniversary... if we all pull together, we can and could get some EPIC going (see what I did there :P) We'll discuss everything, etc. set everything up as a community and broadcast it to other's as a community, probably in a promotional video... share it on FB, etc.

In fact, I throw the gauntlet down to any of the Fortnite players, come play the game that started it all ;)

So, the only question remains is, who is the BEST IN THE WORLD?

"I am the difference between what it means to be good when you're trying to be epic."
=(V)=Abigor
Pilot First Class
Saudi Arabia
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=Abigor » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:45 am

i lost already
=(V)=Prince Vegeta
Pilot First Class - Contributor
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Prince Vegeta » Thu Oct 11, 2018 3:31 pm

=(V)=Stample
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Stample » Sat Oct 13, 2018 9:36 am

egostrokedontforgettospitfirst.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toxic
Forums Participant
United States of America

Post by Toxic » Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:09 pm

I think it could work, but will take a lot of thought & planning to get it right.
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 am

Hell, I'll even purchase a billboard for a month in my hometown to broadcast the winner of this tournament, haha. Go all out, UT99 "The Best in the World" Champion, 20 Years in the Making and the game has finally been beat.
"I am the difference between what it means to be good when you're trying to be epic."
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:21 am

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 am
Hell, I'll even purchase a billboard for a month in my hometown to broadcast the winner of this tournament, haha. Go all out, UT99 "The Best in the World" Champion, 20 Years in the Making and the game has finally been beat.
save the money and post for free on every UT forum. There is a thread on ut99.org that lists all the ut99 sites.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit » Mon Oct 15, 2018 9:04 pm

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 8:21 am
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Mon Oct 15, 2018 12:52 am
save the money and post for free on every UT forum. There is a thread on ut99.org that lists all the ut99 sites.
^So much this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am
WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am
wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am
I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm
During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am
A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm
bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm
how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am
FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm
BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

tha chef
Forums Participant

Post by tha chef » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:22 am

Just give PRooF the title or whatever and be done with it.
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:06 am

Here's a response from a good friend of mine:

But it's also UT we're talking about, so doing it that way is a waste of money and resources nowadays in my opinion, the population is just too slim, so tournaments can only be done with the players playing from their homes, but then they will be able to cheat (ACE is outdated), and whenever someone with 20 ping faces someone with 200, odds are on the 20-pinger to win that exchange if the skill is about the same, regardless of what you throw at it (Newnet doesn't really fix this, it only gives the illusion that it does, since "time" is a fundamental thing which obviously code cannot control, and 200ms ping is still a 200ms delay regardless).

So doing such a tournament and calling whoever wins it "the best in the world" may not have the outcome you are expecting it to have, especially when people realize that the tournament cannot really be fair.

Therefore, I would suggest you guys to rethink that over, from the prizes and name, towards what you can and cannot guarantee when it comes to fairness and clean play.

Return to “General Discussion”