Best in the World Tournament

User avatar
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Posts: 6331
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: The Throne of VM
Contact:
=(V)=CandyMan’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 7:08 am

So, he pretty much has a point, we may have to think long and hard on what to do and how we want to do this then.. haha
Image
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in Unreal Tournament 1999 and World of Tanks: Blitz divisions.
My tags are: =(V)=CandyMan and CandyMan_[VM19]

More games and divisions are coming soon...
tha chef
Forums Participant
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by tha chef » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 pm

Your first pitch was pretty bad friend, you mentioned having people 1v1 but you didn't explain what gametype. 1v1 rx (lol)? weapons (+1)? insta (yawn)? Then you need to know what kind of settings you'll run, like whether it's zp or newnet etc. Forget about prizes too, I did that one time for a siege tournament and it was a mess, save yourself some trouble. Player base is way too slim and I'm sorry but I highly doubt the rx community has the clout to bring back good players from other gametypes. The most you can reasonably expect would be to host something with the community here and maybe grab a few old WINGS, HoF, or RB players. I actually like 1v1 so slightly interested.
User avatar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 10779
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: New York
Contact:
=(V)=RocketJedi’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:38 pm

i say some 1v1 or team games on the sniper server ..
Image
Image
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
User avatar
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Posts: 6331
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: The Throne of VM
Contact:
=(V)=CandyMan’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm

tha chef wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:16 pm
Your first pitch was pretty bad friend, you mentioned having people 1v1 but you didn't explain what gametype. 1v1 rx (lol)? weapons (+1)? insta (yawn)? Then you need to know what kind of settings you'll run, like whether it's zp or newnet etc. Forget about prizes too, I did that one time for a siege tournament and it was a mess, save yourself some trouble. Player base is way too slim and I'm sorry but I highly doubt the rx community has the clout to bring back good players from other gametypes. The most you can reasonably expect would be to host something with the community here and maybe grab a few old WINGS, HoF, or RB players. I actually like 1v1 so slightly interested.
Dude... I wasn't coming up with that... WE (the community) we're supposed to come up with that... lmao. I came out with one part of the blue print... I wanted us all to come up with the other ideas.

My idea that I pitched to a few here was to have just 6 maps, that could be played with either RX, IG or NW... We throw in what maps we want to play and we put the game types in a randomizer and then whatever it spits out we play for map 1, whatever it spits out the second time, we play for map 2 and the remaining one and if it comes down to a tie breaker, we play for map 3. So, we get the chance to play with every weapon possibly, the NW, IG and RX as the primary weapon.
Image
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in Unreal Tournament 1999 and World of Tanks: Blitz divisions.
My tags are: =(V)=CandyMan and CandyMan_[VM19]

More games and divisions are coming soon...
tha chef
Forums Participant
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jan 09, 2015 6:27 pm

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by tha chef » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm
Dude... I wasn't coming up with that... WE (the community) we're supposed to come up with that... lmao.
Sorry but you're working backwards here is all. You can let folks debate on what the details are, but define the gametype/settings first. This makes you sound like you want others to flesh out your idea for you. You did better here:
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm
My idea that I pitched to a few here was to have just 6 maps, that could be played with either RX, IG or NW... We throw in what maps we want to play and we put the game types in a randomizer and then whatever it spits out we play for map 1, whatever it spits out the second time, we play for map 2 and the remaining one and if it comes down to a tie breaker, we play for map 3. So, we get the chance to play with every weapon possibly, the NW, IG and RX as the primary weapon.
Anyways, it's not a bad idea, I'm still interested. Let me know if you need anything from me.
User avatar
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Posts: 6331
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:19 pm
Location: The Throne of VM
Contact:
=(V)=CandyMan’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 pm

tha chef wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm
Dude... I wasn't coming up with that... WE (the community) we're supposed to come up with that... lmao.
Sorry but you're working backwards here is all. You can let folks debate on what the details are, but define the gametype/settings first. This makes you sound like you want others to flesh out your idea for you. You did better here:
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm
My idea that I pitched to a few here was to have just 6 maps, that could be played with either RX, IG or NW... We throw in what maps we want to play and we put the game types in a randomizer and then whatever it spits out we play for map 1, whatever it spits out the second time, we play for map 2 and the remaining one and if it comes down to a tie breaker, we play for map 3. So, we get the chance to play with every weapon possibly, the NW, IG and RX as the primary weapon.
Anyways, it's not a bad idea, I'm still interested. Let me know if you need anything from me.
That's the whole point though, I don't want it to be only made up of my idea or just your idea, I want it to be made up of all of our ideas... Why can't the community, as a whole, create something that's epic for the 20th anniversary for all of us to enjoy.

Now, if you're suggesting I get the "ball rolling", then I could do that and then I already did that with my suggestion then. :)

Maybe we both get what the other is saying just we're typing it instead of actually verbally communicating and we're not on the same page but we're actually are..

shit, RJ pass that shit over, I need some. :weed
Image
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in Unreal Tournament 1999 and World of Tanks: Blitz divisions.
My tags are: =(V)=CandyMan and CandyMan_[VM19]

More games and divisions are coming soon...
User avatar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 10779
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: New York
Contact:
=(V)=RocketJedi’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:11 pm

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 5:37 pm
tha chef wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:40 pm
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm
Dude... I wasn't coming up with that... WE (the community) we're supposed to come up with that... lmao.
Sorry but you're working backwards here is all. You can let folks debate on what the details are, but define the gametype/settings first. This makes you sound like you want others to flesh out your idea for you. You did better here:
=(V)=CandyMan wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 3:37 pm
My idea that I pitched to a few here was to have just 6 maps, that could be played with either RX, IG or NW... We throw in what maps we want to play and we put the game types in a randomizer and then whatever it spits out we play for map 1, whatever it spits out the second time, we play for map 2 and the remaining one and if it comes down to a tie breaker, we play for map 3. So, we get the chance to play with every weapon possibly, the NW, IG and RX as the primary weapon.
Anyways, it's not a bad idea, I'm still interested. Let me know if you need anything from me.
That's the whole point though, I don't want it to be only made up of my idea or just your idea, I want it to be made up of all of our ideas... Why can't the community, as a whole, create something that's epic for the 20th anniversary for all of us to enjoy.

Now, if you're suggesting I get the "ball rolling", then I could do that and then I already did that with my suggestion then. :)

Maybe we both get what the other is saying just we're typing it instead of actually verbally communicating and we're not on the same page but we're actually are..

shit, RJ pass that shit over, I need some. :weed
There are two other contests going on right now we are always too late to the game lol
Image
Image
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
User avatar
=(V)=Stample
Pilot First Class
Posts: 261
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:30 pm

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=Stample » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 pm

There should be 1v1s for pure rx, and 1v1s for rx + ig
User avatar
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Posts: 10779
Joined: Fri Oct 11, 2013 8:41 pm
Location: New York
Contact:
=(V)=RocketJedi’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Wed Oct 17, 2018 8:25 am

=(V)=Stample wrote:
Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:21 pm
There should be 1v1s for pure rx, and 1v1s for rx + ig
and one handicapped match with RBRX lol
Image
Image
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
A^3
Forums Elite
Posts: 193
Joined: Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:22 am

Re: Best in the World Tournament

Post by A^3 » Wed Oct 17, 2018 4:42 pm

Prob get more interest in a team match. 5 vs 5 Rx x or nw would be fun.
Post Reply

Return to “General Discussion”