I was thinking

=(V)=Zaiter
Pilot First Class
Dominican Republic

I was thinking

Post by =(V)=Zaiter » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:05 am

I am already a little tired of discussions on the server from those who have good skills and those who do not.

This is supposed to be fun, if someone is better than me I do my best to give him a fight even if I lose. Let those who know how to play better face each other, yesterday we had a very difficult game, Abigor was there, we could not do much, he went to the spec, without discussing or saying they were using tricks or bots. We should do the same from time to time.

sing Made by Dash!! Thanks a lot bro!!

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Forums Master
United States of America

Re: I was thinking

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit » Mon Jan 14, 2019 11:25 am

I leave over a few players as well.
#MakeUTfunAgain =)
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am
WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am
wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am
I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm
During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am
A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm
bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm
how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am
FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm
BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:25 pm

giphy.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Toxic
Forums Participant
United States of America

Post by Toxic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 pm

The discussion should be if we are going to allow edited ini and on what level. Everyone is going to set up a suicide key, change video settings etc.. but some of it is going to the extreme. There are players using everything from the smokeless hack to editing their center fire to head shot level and many many others. These things have been banned as cheats in the past. Its up to VM what is allowed, but we do IMO need to decide what we consider a cheat and what we dont. Right now only a few players are taking advantage of this, but more are starting to. I've seen at least 2 in the last 2 weeks doing it, that never did before. That's not counting the hand full that already do. You have players that were never anything but average, who now dominate over night. It's only going to get worse as more people decide it's the only way they can compete. We have to decide if it's all ok, or if some things, and what things, will be considered a cheat in rx. Ive heard multiple people say things like " But its allowed in siege or insta" but you can bet they dont consider us when deciding for their servers. We will also have to put trust in our admins to enforce this as there isn't anti cheat that will catch it all. I think vm has a pretty good group of admins that can do this. Mistakes may be made, but that's why you allow people to come to the forum to state their case. I'm old school. I came up in this game playing A3. Aurlies, RJ, Chopper, Killah, Mercy. Viper, Mysterio, Limace, Mary Ingles, sjakkie. Decidius etc... I'm used to good players, but at least they were legit. Playing those players. especially nub3 every day, is what helped me win over 400 1v1s in one year. If any of u new players think I'm making that up, just ask Candyman or some of the older players. I played every single day to get the servers populated. I'm by far not that good anymore and fully admit that, but just saying I can see what's legit and what's "extra". If we decide it's all ok, I'm ok with that. I will bitch, but will be ok either way. Dont expect me not to give people shit though. lol
Toxic
Forums Participant
United States of America

Post by Toxic » Mon Jan 14, 2019 2:23 pm

P.S. pls shoot me for halfway complimenting a3....lol
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:12 pm

=(V)=Toxic wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 1:45 pm
The discussion should be if we are going to allow edited ini and on what level. Everyone is going to set up a suicide key, change video settings etc.. but some of it is going to the extreme. There are players using everything from the smokeless hack to editing their center fire to head shot level and many many others. These things have been banned as cheats in the past. Its up to VM what is allowed, but we do IMO need to decide what we consider a cheat and what we dont. Right now only a few players are taking advantage of this, but more are starting to. I've seen at least 2 in the last 2 weeks doing it, that never did before. That's not counting the hand full that already do. You have players that were never anything but average, who now dominate over night. It's only going to get worse as more people decide it's the only way they can compete. We have to decide if it's all ok, or if some things, and what things, will be considered a cheat in rx. Ive heard multiple people say things like " But its allowed in siege or insta" but you can bet they dont consider us when deciding for their servers. We will also have to put trust in our admins to enforce this as there isn't anti cheat that will catch it all. I think vm has a pretty good group of admins that can do this.
We do not have the ability nor the means to enforce this other than forcing everyone to share their ini, which won't happen

Unless someone wants to go grovel to UK to see what their coders have made up in terms of controlling what people have in their ini and limiting it, this idea is dead in the water from the start
=(V)=Abigor
Pilot First Class
Saudi Arabia
Loading…

Post by =(V)=Abigor » Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:34 pm

yes i left last night in the middle of a game. there was not much i could have done to help my team. there was ig players out both sides of my base that would kill me as soon as i hoped onto a rx. they might cheat, they might not, i dunno, dont care to much but if i cant do anything at all on the map i would rather just leave than die a million times with just standing there. im not great at rx, i dont pretend to be. but ig players make it no fun for me when they can kill me while im flying in a random pattern down a hall. im just glad we have a sniper server where i can play and it feels more even there for me.
=(V)=Stample
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Stample » Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm

The skill gap present today is far wider than it ever was before. Good players never stop getting better, because there is no skill ceiling, there is always room for improvement. Players who stagnate and never get better end up left in the dust. That's not too big of a deal on a full server, with enough people on a team the impact of a single player is diminished. The problem is, people whine, cry, and quit, and prompt others to do so by spouting bullshit claims and accusations. The server count lowers enough to where a single player can dominate the game easily, and the server then empties.

Those ig players last night were nothing special. They are mid tier ig players, not bad, not good. Had people been able to tough it out for a map or two and vote non ig maps, the server would have been fine. But that's not what happened. People instantly called bullshit and went to spec or left. That's what players in this community have been conditioned to do when the game doesn't go the way they think it should, sadly.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Mon Jan 14, 2019 7:13 pm

=(V)=Stample wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:45 pm
The skill gap present today is far wider than it ever was before. Good players never stop getting better, because there is no skill ceiling, there is always room for improvement. Players who stagnate and never get better end up left in the dust. That's not too big of a deal on a full server, with enough people on a team the impact of a single player is diminished. The problem is, people whine, cry, and quit, and prompt others to do so by spouting bullshit claims and accusations. The server count lowers enough to where a single player can dominate the game easily, and the server then empties.

Those ig players last night were nothing special. They are mid tier ig players, not bad, not good. Had people been able to tough it out for a map or two and vote non ig maps, the server would have been fine. But that's not what happened. People instantly called bullshit and went to spec or left. That's what players in this community have been conditioned to do when the game doesn't go the way they think it should, sadly.
Cry enough and get what you want, been that way since HOF took over RB

We could try to Jeeps and tanks, but no one is commenting on my topic :(
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Kevster » Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm

The only way the game is ever going to be fair for everyone, is to keep the ini editing to the very minimum. Then everybody would basically be on the same level. Those who feel the need to ultra edit their INI's, do so for the purpose of gaining an advantage over everyone else. You take my ini for instance. I do very little editing to my ini. No changes to my FOV or crazy low screen resolutions that some players use to make the environment larger to be able to see things up closer from a distance - used by some who are good at IG or using the sniper rifle. Quite obviously, if you can see players up close better, you're going to be able to use the IG or sniper rifle more accurately. My response in-game, is mostly based on reflexes - hand and eye coordination. That's a fact.

Years ago, when I worked for AT&T, I actually had two of my own UT 99 servers running on the network. I even had my own re-direct on one of the servers. Most importantly though, nobody edited their ini's for anything more than to add a game alias. No crazy bullshit that would give any particular player more of an edge over the others. That's it. Nobody got mad and we all had a blast. That's exactly the way it should be on the RX server too.

Return to “General Discussion”