I was thinking

tha chef
Forums Participant

Re: I was thinking

Post by tha chef » Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am

It's always rx reliant players complaining about not being able to compete with other weapons. The rx is still by far better than anything else on the server and nobody is winning games by capping flags on foot. This is literally only a problem in the minds of bad players, and as funny as that is, the reality is these players don't understand the fundamentals of the game without an rx in their hands. All the ini talk is further evidence of that, a convenient boogeyman, but I highly doubt anyone is significantly tweaking their UT to win on a public rx server LOL. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but all this animosity and speculation because of it is bullshit. The good players are nothing compared to when the game was more active, if anything this new generation has it way easier than the veterans that are still around did back then.
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.
United States of America

Post by EvolutionZero » Tue Jan 15, 2019 11:05 am

=(V)=Kevster wrote:
Mon Jan 14, 2019 9:34 pm
Years ago, when I worked for AT&T, I actually had two of my own UT 99 servers running on the network. I even had my own re-direct on one of the servers. Most importantly though, nobody edited their ini's for anything more than to add a game alias. No crazy bullshit that would give any particular player more of an edge over the others. That's it. Nobody got mad and we all had a blast. That's exactly the way it should be on the RX server too.
Thats because binslayer was so crazy that changing ur ini wouldnt do a damn thing lol.
A.K.A *FTB*~NightWing~, *FTB*~Zero~, *FTB*~AbsoluteZero~, *FTB*~AbsoluteZ~, =A!M=H!Vltg3, =A!M=Voltage, |PIG|Remnant, |PIG|LockDown, TallGeese, {UTA}DeathScythe, {FHG}Nova, {oToD}ChickenWing, |RIIP|Faint....
i dont have an aliasing problem or anything :laugh
Nyx
Forums Elite
Indonesia

Post by Nyx » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:23 pm

If these inis are so bothering to you then why a modded version of ut is available in this forum lol. Medor's ut (UT-V3) has modded inis and everything.

Lots of misconceptions and ignorance in this thread though, keep going...

Oh and I guess Kevster wants you to play with the stock D3D renderer from 1999, 640x480, 60fps with vsync forced on and 10000ms of input lag.
=(V)=Abigor
Pilot First Class
Albania
Loading…

Post by =(V)=Abigor » Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:54 pm

i used the v3 for awhile, but then went back to the cd version of it because i do not like all the edits and extra crap thats not needed to play ut that is included in it
Nyx
Forums Elite
Indonesia

Post by Nyx » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:33 pm

If you refuse to optimize your game then don't blame others for doing it.
There are many tutorials online about what every setting does. Do your research... even in this forum by the way.

Quit crying about it and saying people do illegal stuff with their game, you don't have any proof and keep assuming things.
People just want their game to run right... is that a crime? Yes you can lower texture quality, change the fps limit and so on, so what? You can do it too.

There is no shame in that. I don't wanna go in-depth with this, it just seems like a waste of time.

A couple idiots used illegal tweaks in their game, guess what they got caught. Won't name people but I have screenshots of it.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Tue Jan 15, 2019 2:37 pm

tha chef wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 9:44 am
It's always rx reliant players complaining about not being able to compete with other weapons. The rx is still by far better than anything else on the server and nobody is winning games by capping flags on foot. This is literally only a problem in the minds of bad players, and as funny as that is, the reality is these players don't understand the fundamentals of the game without an rx in their hands. All the ini talk is further evidence of that, a convenient boogeyman, but I highly doubt anyone is significantly tweaking their UT to win on a public rx server LOL. Maybe I'm wrong about that, but all this animosity and speculation because of it is bullshit. The good players are nothing compared to when the game was more active, if anything this new generation has it way easier than the veterans that are still around did back then.
This

Everyone thinks they're a one man army with the RX until they meet an above average IG player. People rarely use teamwork any more either, much easier to pick a single RX out of the sky then when multiple RX are flying in your direction
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob » Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:54 am

Nyx wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 1:23 pm
Oh and I guess Kevster wants you to play with the stock D3D renderer from 1999, 640x480, 60fps with vsync forced on and 10000ms of input lag.
LLMFAAAAAAAAAAO

maan, i'm having a blast reading forums again :laugh
Nyx
Forums Elite
Indonesia

Post by Nyx » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:40 am

Lol that is an old post damn, I don't even play ut anymore, having a blast playing ow again
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:55 pm

Nyx wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:40 am
Lol that is an old post damn, I don't even play ut anymore, having a blast playing ow again
Let's make a bet when this noob will be back..

Are you "finished" or actually finished? Like I don't care either way but I've heard this crap from many folk before you and wham bam thank you ma'am, day 2 they back in the server under a new name, IP, etc playing again.
In This Game, I Have No Equal
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Fri Feb 15, 2019 4:22 pm

center view can be disabled. fast run detect can be checked and players kicked for it. Just havent had time or the patience to wait for polls on adding stuff then testing.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!