Re: RX8 Feedback 3

Post by Stealth » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:02 pm

Sqeezer 8 :think
Duke
Forums Elite

Post by Duke » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am

So, maybe I missed a detail in a post.
Is this new RX8 TEST currently ACTIVE on the regular VM server? Or, do I have to go to some special testing server to check it out???
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am

I don't care for the characteristics of the current RX. Doesn't seem right to me. I still think that the best RX ever, was the green/black one, used and or created by HOF. I think that version was the most fun and had the least issues. BTW, I'm not taking anything away from Master Mar. Mar is an incredible coder that I know we're all thankful for. He certainly knows his stuff. I'm just stating my personal opinion with regards to comparing the two RX versions.
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Fri Sep 13, 2019 12:32 pm

Duke wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:01 am
So, maybe I missed a detail in a post.
Is this new RX8 TEST currently ACTIVE on the regular VM server? Or, do I have to go to some special testing server to check it out???
No. The RX we're doing is not a test. The original idea was to revamp the RX to go "old school" for the 20th anniversary for UT but with most of the maps in the game getting glitched due to players being able to take advantage of some of the disadvantages of what the jet, we're now revamping the RX to curb the glitches in maps.

The first change we did, was the speed. We dropped the speed from 30 km/h to 22 and the TC from 40 kh/m to 30, the missile missile speed has also dropped. Other adjustments will also take effect, over time, like, the slide and possible hull. We were going to do the speed in increments but if we did it from 30, to 28, and so on, the jet would've had a stuttering effect, so we had to no choice to just drop it from 30 to 22 and because of that, we decided to not make anymore changes to the jet for at least a month, so everyone can adapt to the change. We're not going to drop changes on the player base like the a bomb, we want everyone to adapt to the changes, gradually.

Putting all these changes into effect, will curb the glitching in maps. We could simply have map makers redo maps, but that's too time consuming and could take weeks to months for a finished product. We could recode the RX but that is also time consuming, and our coders do not have that and even with me throwing dough at them, they are not biting. So the quickest easiest solution would be the editing of the RX settings, which RJ could deny or not to this statement, takes roughly 5 minutes to do and take effect immediately.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in Unreal Tournament 1999 and World of Tanks: Blitz divisions.
My tags are: =(V)=CandyMan and CandyMan_[VM19]

More games and divisions are coming soon...
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel
Loading…

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi » Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 pm

=(V)=Kevster wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am
I don't care for the characteristics of the current RX. Doesn't seem right to me. I still think that the best RX ever, was the green/black one, used and or created by HOF. I think that version was the most fun and had the least issues. BTW, I'm not taking anything away from Master Mar. Mar is an incredible coder that I know we're all thankful for. He certainly knows his stuff. I'm just stating my personal opinion with regards to comparing the two RX versions.
I think your memory has gone a little hazy. Any previous version RX had major stability issues such as server crashes and user gpf's. When you jump off the jet you lag. missile fly's near you you lag etc..
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm
That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Nghtmre
Forums Member

Post by Nghtmre » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:06 pm

I feel like the rx speed is too slow, as is the missile.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster » Fri Sep 13, 2019 8:32 pm

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 2:46 pm
=(V)=Kevster wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:23 am
I think your memory has gone a little hazy. Any previous version RX had major stability issues such as server crashes and user gpf's. When you jump off the jet you lag. missile fly's near you you lag etc..
Wrong RJ. Nothing wrong with the Kevster's memory. My memory works quite well. I have a video to prove it. You even saw it. I posted it some time back. I played many games (before becoming VM), with the HOF RX and never had the problems that I've seen with the current RX. I don't remember GPF's with the HOF RX. It was actually quite stable, for me anyway.
Nghtmre
Forums Member

Post by Nghtmre » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 pm

HoF server would crash 10 times every map back then. lol
=(V)=MangaGate
Forums Elite

Post by =(V)=MangaGate » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:54 pm

Nghtmre wrote:
Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:34 pm
HoF server would crash 10 times every map back then. lol
{WINGS} Server got to be the same way, crashing alot due to the jets. The reason was as talked about by Mar when he remade the jets. The old jets had so much code piled up from each iteration that it was very unstable. Due to Mar being so awesome he was able to remake it with less code and better stability, If I am correct.

sig by D/\SH

=(V)=Stample
Forums Elite

Post by =(V)=Stample » Fri Sep 13, 2019 10:21 pm

No one in the server is happy with this, every time I've played people have been bitching about the speed. The vote for speed, hull, and slide should have all been done separately, and then made into a public vote before any changes were implemented. Missile speed should maintain the same proportion to the jet speed as its been.

The result of these changes has been a decrease in server traffic, as it makes things harder for less experienced rx players, and gives ig players, (the biggest server emptiers) and top rx players a massive advantage. When I play, I'm now the only player capable of dodging ig players, and have noticed the general loss of chaos making things less fun for everyone. This isn't what was voted for, and the voting wasn't properly handled in the first place. Its too late in the games life for admins who don't understand the current meta to be forcing decisions like this. Get your shit together and fix what you broke before there is nothing left to fix.

Return to “General Discussion”