rx maps

=(V)=Abigor
Pilot First Class
Saudi Arabia
Loading…

rx maps

Post by =(V)=Abigor » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:38 pm

this place is starting to piss me off finally. no secret that i like the rx server and flying the rx. but it gets boring doing the same maps all the time. someone finally made some new ones and they got put on the server and people are shitting all over em. i dont see them adding new content to the game. are they the greatest maps? no. but at least its something new and they are learning how to make them. thats all im gonna say on it, just needed to get it out before i got pissed off and end up quitting the game completely
=(V)=Blade_Runner
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Re: rx maps

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 pm

got some positive feed back tonight at last which helps a lot so i know what thing to put in helps a lot etc i just when people say maps are shit and don't even bother to explore map feed back always helps so im gonna add some stuff in to make map better a but any feed back weather it good or bad or good criticism into layout texture weons lighting etc

as it is im learning atm so all new :) and just trying to make to help out best i can
=(V)=CandyMan
Co-Leader
United States of America
Loading…

Post by =(V)=CandyMan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:41 pm

If no one has anything nice to say, they shouldn't say it at all. If they are going to criticize, they should offer their help or assistance. Very easy to shit on something or someone but it takes a bigger person to offer their help.

Although criticism isn't always a bad thing, it's when a person is being a straight up dick then it's a different story.

Anyways, don't get too discouraged blade, you'll get help from the map makers, and thank you for your contribution to the server :)
"I am the difference between what it means to be good when you're trying to be epic."
=(V)=Blade_Runner
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:55 pm

i wont candyman cristism is always good weather it good or bad as i said new to doing maps so will take time and i will continue to make em in free time
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm

I'm not a nap maker but I've made maps in the past. If you need help just getting things going for a basic nap I can show you how in a desktop share environment.

I can't do anything fancy but I know how to make shapes, walls, spawn points for different teams, flags, and put weapons/items in. You know the basic stuff. I can't do triggers or portals or skyboxes.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am
WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am
wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am
I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm
During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am
A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm
bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm
how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am
FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm
BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Blade_Runner
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 pm

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm
I'm not a nap maker but I've made maps in the past. If you need help just getting things going for a basic nap I can show you how in a desktop share environment.

I can't do anything fancy but I know how to make shapes, walls, spawn points for different teams, flags, and put weapons/items in. You know the basic stuff. I can't do triggers or portals or skyboxes.
thanks bloody rabbit i got most of thing in neeed to figure out how to make secret rooms ie were ya can walk through wall in to secret room telports etc and other bit and bobs probally need some good custom brushes if honest
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:23 pm

=(V)=Blade_Runner wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:10 pm
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:43 pm

thanks bloody rabbit i got most of thing in neeed to figure out how to make secret rooms ie were ya can walk through wall in to secret room telports etc and other bit and bobs probally need some good custom brushes if honest
It's super easy

Best thing I can tell you is to open maps you know have what you are looking to do, like make a secret room, and exploring what elements are required. Then you can practice on implementing it in your own maps.

I know the basics for portals and triggers, and learned it through mostly tearing apart other maps to see how they work.

Take the secret on the $ ultimate map for example. You can easily find out the mechanics of how it works by cracking it open in unreal Ed :D
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Forums Master
United States of America

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 pm

Venom,

I'll hit you up sometime if I try making a map again. (I don't see it in my near future) I studied portals for hours (combined) over the years but could never get them to work.

Never tried triggers.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am
WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am
wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am
I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm
During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am
A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm
bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm
how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am
FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:
Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm
BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Kevster » Sun Mar 17, 2019 9:44 am

I have a number of maps, close to completion. My problem however, is finding time to complete them. I used to be able to pump out a few maps every few months, but now? My job as IT manager, has me working much longer hours. As Venom stated, maps are not all that hard to make. It's the concept that's hard. You have to think about what type of layout works best for players. You have to make bases equal in weapons availability - no unfair advantages.

Sometimes, a very simple map turns out to be really popular. As a general rule to anyone looking to create maps? Pencil it out on a sheet of paper, then open UnrealEd and start creating it. Be sure to make backup copies during the course of building your map(s), so that if you screw up somewhere, you can always go back to a previous (working) copy of the map.

I think Venom also mentioned that you can even start with opening an existing map and checking things out, even modding a map like that. If you mess it up? No big deal. Just open the original and start again. After a while, you'll start to get ideas. That's how I started in mapping. If you need help, I'm here or any of the other mappers as well. Maybe we should identify somewhere on the forums who, in VM, has mapping experience? IDK, just a thought. :thumbup
=(V)=Blade_Runner
Pilot First Class
United States of America

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:56 am

thanks every one im sure ill sort it out im sure ill sort it

Return to “General Discussion”