Making ICE floors slippery????

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Making ICE floors slippery????

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I am working on an ICY version of PsK Toxic....
I have the floor textured with an ICE texture. I kind of thought that that was all I needed to get the floor to allow sliding while moving while crouched..... BUT NOOOOOOO
Damn!

What do I need to do (be specific with steps that I can follow, still learning a lot with Unreal Edit 2.0)???

I think it would be great fun to slide to opposite flag room, but cannot make the floor slippery....

Need your help. Thanks in advance.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: Making ICE floors slippery????

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

@=(V)iper=

If he cant help. Load up a map with ice floors and look through settings. Also, did you already refer to the map creator guide?
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I got it figured out. BadCo sent me a link with a great hint....
You need to use a ZONE and change the gravity properties to like .5 or less......
I released CTF-((OB))IceToxicZone.zip to RJ for adding to the server...... Spin on the famous PsK map..... Similar layout. Different walls, etc.... but, slippery ice!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Nice! Yeah viper said the same thing. I'm going to post his comment anyway. He's a good map maker. Join our DISCORD and you can see if he's willing to help more with your map making questions.

@=(V)=BloodyRabbit It's a zoneinfo add on. He has to block out the area he's trying to use with zone portals, add zone info into the area of use. I can't remember if it's gravity related or if there's a "friction" setting also. It's been awhile
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

I can't quite remember offhand if there's a friction setting on the zoneinfo to make it "icy" I never really went into that area of Ued because not many of my maps called for it. I did experiment with it at one point in time though but like I said, not sure how I did it. Unfortunately I don't have a pc to check it unless I put it into my laptop, but if I get my new rig rolling soon enough I'll download it again and be able to help people out more.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Three steps:
Zones
Icy
reduce the gravity.

Default gravity for this setting is 5.0000, which is no slide. I set the map edit for like 1.3 and it slides good, not too fast, not too slow. I was able to dynamically check it quickly.

Return to “Mapping”