Got the map!!! Twin Towers V1

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Got the map!!! Twin Towers V1

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Update:
I found the map:
https://unrealarchive.org/maps/unreal-t ... 0a76c.html

RJ's able assistance was what I needed. It wasn't a UrS map at all. But, his video link got me looking in the right places.
For some reason, I had the utx file for the map, but the unr (map file) was missing from my system replacement 8 months ago. I thought I had carefully archived all the maps, but it olooks like I had missed that one.

So, I will work on the RX edit for that map this morning, and get that one to RJ for uploading onto the server.

It will be a great flying map.

Thanks all who assisted this old guy in finding this loved map!

UT99 CTF map:
The map I am trying to remember has two very tall office buildings. Flags at the very tops. There was one landing just below the very top that you could run around on, and there were also entrances to the elevators from there. That landing had a couple of SLV's on it, along with some usual weapons. There were elevators INSIDE the buildings;. I remember it took a long time for the elevators to come down to the first floor. The elevators were inside the building lobbies.

It was always great fun to jump off one of the buildings and ride the SLV once you got close to the street level. If you missed the timing, SPLAT!

Out on the streets, there were a couple of bus stops kind of near the buildings. Shield belts in the bus stops.
The map was originally designed for old school SLV's. I can't remember the name, and a lengthy look through my extensive CTF map list didn't find it.

Wanted to add it to my lost of maps to update to RX. I can remember lots of details about this map, except for the name of it.

Is there anyone with a better memory then me that remembers the name of this map????
Last edited by Orion's***Belt on Sun Aug 09, 2020 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: Trying to remember the name of a CTF map, need help with my aging memory

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Is this it at 130-205
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

CTF-MatrixFaceV.unr

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

No, not Matrix Face V.....

That video is a compilation of many maps. The one depicted at 2:00 kind of looks right. But there is no information in the video itself as to what that map was. Taking a closer look at that video, and (URS)Athos seems to make sense. It was a URS map, which coincides with my memory. And, the fact that I don't seem to have ATHOS in my library of maps might be why I missed it. Trying to find the original map archive. The UrS site is still up, but doesn't seem to have a link to their maps, https://unrealriders.eu/

Entire map is ONLY two very tall office buildings, with flags on the very top of the buildings. There are two elevators inside each building. Takes a LONG TIME to ride the elevators up from floor level or down.

Out on street level there are streets that go arounf the two buildings, but that's all. Just outside the main entrance for the building lobbies, are glass bus stops, each with shield belt on the bench. The original was done as SLV (old school). I've tried doing a search of my map list using "office", "building", "tower", and other words that I thought would make sense. No joy. I also browsed through more than 50 maps that I thought MIGHT be the one, but still no joy. Other than checking every single one of my extensive list of CTF maps, one by one (would almost take days), I was hoping that someone would remember the map.

It was played a LOT back in my UrS Strangelove days. So, I'm still on the hunt for this one....
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: Got the map!!! Twin Towers V1

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Yeah that's it! I thought the video would help give visuals so we could help. But that's the exact map I was thinking of. Twin towers we use to play it all the time!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Return to “Mapping”