Please help with with step by step instructions for creating a logo

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Please help with with step by step instructions for creating a logo

Post by Orion's***Belt »

I would very much like to create something resembling a logo which I can add to some of the maps I am editing.

I no longer have a working copy of Photoshop, but can work around the method of creating the text/image combo I am seeking. What I need is the step by step process for how to create the logo so that it can be dropped into a map using my now working editor.

I think that the image needs to be in a certain size and in a certain format, but I can't find any place where the specifics are laid out, step by step. I am really good (at least I think so) at following step by step instructions, as long as the steps/details are clear and complete. Don't make any presumptions that I know what I am doing, cause I don't. But, after your help, I hope to be something close to an expert.

And, when we have the steps clearly and completely detailed, I hope that this area will become an internet resource for others who would want to learn how to do mapping for our beloved RX style of maps.

So, thanks in advance. Hoping for step by step......

PS: If the admins would create it, I have some step by step methods for doing other things (like standing up RX's on end, and stopping them from spinning, etc... I have step by step instructions for how to make a secret side room, and a few other details that I have unraveled along the way. Must thanks to Bad Co for many of the tips. So, a separate section for mapping tips would be appreciated. It will make finding the tips easier than wading through all the finished maps by Evil Grins, etc. For example, Kevsters tip about the importance of creating ZONES would be one of the first posts in the new section.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Re: Please help with with step by step instructions for creating a logo

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I have various versions of Photoshop - new and old. If you're not partial to the version, I can get you a copy of version 7 that works perfectly and no activation of any kind required. Install and run it - simple as that. I have both the old and new copies installed on my box. Version 7 is miles ahead in load speed when compared to the newest versions and you can do lots of things with it. The only difference between the older and newer versions of Photoshop are the addition of features and of course the ridiculous price that Adobe commands. If you have an area where I can upload this to, you can have it. Let me know.
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Kevster,
I would love to have a copy of Photoshop 7. I had always had a copy of Photoshop going all the way back to 2.0, and up to and including some of the newer CS and CS2 versions. But I long ago lost the CD's for that. So, anything that would assist me is helpful. I am very familiar with Photoshop. I have been reluctantly been using GIMP as my editor. And, that is not familiar to me as was Photoshop.

I did manage to find the texture brush that your nephew (Bad Co) created for me for use in two maps ( ((OB))Trickshop-Final and ((OB))ZeitkindPro), and the version of the logo he used in Zetkind Pro was saved in PCX version, and is 256 X 256 in size. I found that Bad Co created texture in: MyLevel.utx

So, creating a usable logo is kind of already taken care of. I'd like to be able to tweak it a bit, where the Photoshop would come in handy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think what I need to do is create a box (or sheet) of 256 X 256 (by any depth), and place that box/sheet on some wall surface, or on some surface that is already 256 X 256 or 2 X multiple of that. Sound right?

vulpinemission at sebagosales dot com <hope that you can figure out the correct version of that for proper email address, for sending the link for Photoshop 7) Thanks
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I just checked. It's compressed using Winrar. It's about 230 MBs in size. Extract it to a folder of your choice, then run the setup program. The serial number is in a text file. You just enter that and you're good to go. Works perfectly. Just dismiss any banners for registration. It doesn't need to be registered. Do you have a dropbox or similar area where I can upload this for you?
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Orion's***Belt wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 8:41 am Kevster,
I would love to have a copy of Photoshop 7. I had always had a copy of Photoshop going all the way back to 2.0, and up to and including some of the newer CS and CS2 versions. But I long ago lost the CD's for that. So, anything that would assist me is helpful. I am very familiar with Photoshop. I have been reluctantly been using GIMP as my editor. And, that is not familiar to me as was Photoshop.

I did manage to find the texture brush that your nephew (Bad Co) created for me for use in two maps ( ((OB))Trickshop-Final and ((OB))ZeitkindPro), and the version of the logo he used in Zetkind Pro was saved in PCX version, and is 256 X 256 in size. I found that Bad Co created texture in: MyLevel.utx

So, creating a usable logo is kind of already taken care of. I'd like to be able to tweak it a bit, where the Photoshop would come in handy.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think what I need to do is create a box (or sheet) of 256 X 256 (by any depth), and place that box/sheet on some wall surface, or on some surface that is already 256 X 256 or 2 X multiple of that. Sound right? That's correct. You can use pretty much use any multiple of 2 that you choose - 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, etc. It all depends on the size you want it to be.

vulpinemission at sebagosales dot com <hope that you can figure out the correct version of that for proper email address, for sending the link for Photoshop 7) Thanks
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Just give me (in n email) a clickable link, and I will download it from there.
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Kev, I have the full version of WinRAR.
Just give me a clickable link in a PM, and I'll download it. Thanks
=(V)=Kevster wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 11:00 am I just checked. It's compressed using Winrar. It's about 230 MBs in size. Extract it to a folder of your choice, then run the setup program. The serial number is in a text file. You just enter that and you're good to go. Works perfectly. Just dismiss any banners for registration. It doesn't need to be registered. Do you have a dropbox or similar area where I can upload this for you?

Return to “Mapping”