Cache Cleaner 3.0

Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Cache Cleaner 3.0

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Zaiter, and a few others have never used UT Cache Cleaner to move all the compressed files from their cache (where they load into memory, making the maps laggy) into their respective folders (/maps, /textures, /sounds, etc)

So, the best way to move the files is to use Ron Barbour's UT Cache Cleaner, which does the job perfectly. I used to do beta testing for Ron, so have had this utility for a LONG time.

Here's where to get the file:

utcache3.zip - Cache Cleaner

The instructions for it's use are here (although the old path on that site for the file no longer works):
http://www.unrealkillers.com/showthread ... eCleanerv3

You install the .msi file, and then set the pathing to your UT directory (C:\UnrealTournament ) and then click the RUN button. It will do the rest.

Your maps will load directly from their respective folders, with no lagginess. Especially important if you have an older system with limited memory, etc.

ENJOY!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Re: Cache Cleaner 3.0

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Thanks for this post. I have several versions of cache cleaners, but I normally just manually, go into the cache folder and delete what's in there. But I downloaded the cache cleaner from this post and will try it, since I haven't actually used cache cleaners in some time. I used to use a basic one, back in my early mapping days, when I'd work someone else's maps and needed the separate components in order for the map to work.
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

This one works great. You'll like it. It's all I ever used since helping Ron out with it's development.
Hoping #Zaiter and others also find this post. They really need it
=(V)=Stample
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=Stample »

thats the one ive always used

good shit right here
medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

Be careful that cause mismatch error for sure one day.

You have one with no mismatch http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Ut ... UTMilk.zip
Orion's***Belt
Forums Elite

Post by Orion's***Belt »

Mismatches are due to map creators not checking to see if a texture, sound, music, or other map feature is already in use. They are always going to happen, and have NOTHING to do with the Cache Cleaner use.

I try to make sure that my map packages (.zip files) include all the necessary versions of the addons to allow the map to be properly played.

Return to “Mods, Coding & Programs”