CTF-VM_StarWarsOpposingBases

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: CTF-VM_StarWarsOpposingBases

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

[quote="=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\"]
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:I tried that and guess what... Waaaaaaaah LOL!!!

:cow:
I'd say set it at like 5 maps, that way at least you u don't same the same map twice in a single hour[/quote]

its already set for don't show last 10 maps. but when we have close to 1000 maps 10 is pointless. It should be don't show last 20-50 maps. the problem is everyone likes the stupid noob spam maps and wont play anything else.

It's really hear breaking that no one will play the classics or try new maps or in this case old new maps.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I wish we played Bio_Beer_Wars more often - that's a pretty cool map. Of course, opinions vary.

Burger Wars IV is cool, but it would be nice to have a version 5 with the hamburger shops like double to triple the distance away than they are now. *cough* Kevster *cough*

:gun6

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:[quote="=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\"]

I'd say set it at like 5 maps, that way at least you u don't same the same map twice in a single hour
its already set for don't show last 10 maps. but when we have close to 1000 maps 10 is pointless. It should be don't show last 20-50 maps. the problem is everyone likes the stupid noob spam maps and wont play anything else.

It's really hear breaking that no one will play the classics or try new maps or in this case old new maps.[/quote]

Now get ready for this, because here's the reason why. The new rocket is fucking terrible to play with in large open maps

Nearly impossible to shoot down, take Eagles for instance, if you get the total commitment you are basically God on that map because you can't get shot down unless you're on the version that has the instagib

People play these small closed in hallway spammy maps cause it's easy to throw a rocket and get a Kill on an enemy rocket

Placing spawns and rockets across the base is more effective in stopping spawn killing than anything else but few mappers utilized those basic ideas in map creation

That's the truth, truth
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote:I wish we played Bio_Beer_Wars more often - that's a pretty cool map. Of course, opinions vary.

Burger Wars IV is cool, but it would be nice to have a version 5 with the hamburger shops like double to triple the distance away than they are now. *cough* Kevster *cough*

LOL Sean :peace

:gun6
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

I'd say set it at like 5 maps, that way at least you u don't same the same map twice in a single hour

It's really hear breaking that no one will play the classics or try new maps or in this case old new maps.[/quote]

Now get ready for this, because here's the reason why. The new rocket is fucking terrible to play with in large open maps

Nearly impossible to shoot down, take Eagles for instance, if you get the total commitment you are basically God on that map because you can't get shot down unless you're on the version that has the instagib

People play these small closed in hallway spammy maps cause it's easy to throw a rocket and get a Kill on an enemy rocket

Placing spawns and rockets across the base is more effective in stopping spawn killing than anything else but few mappers utilized those basic ideas in map creation

That's the truth, truth[/quote]

well said. I wish we could just make the changes back to the way it should be before Fluke fucked RX up for everyone and made it the shit it is today. IT's always the same 3 people who complain whenever a change is made for the better.

edit: but I still love ya'll

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

I was always behind the idea of: "huge SLV maps should not be in an RX server"

But then again there a few that are pretty well designed, so i just never really talked about it because i actually dont have strong arguments to back up my intial statement lul
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote:[quote="=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\"]

It's really hear breaking that no one will play the classics or try new maps or in this case old new maps.

I was always behind the idea of: "huge SLV maps should not be in an RX server"

But then again there a few that are pretty well designed, so i just never really talked about it because i actually dont have strong arguments to back up my intial statement lul[/quote]

large maps weren't a problem when the rx wasn't as fast (many mappers compensated by placing tc pickups easily accessible in the map) and the rx hull took damage from normal weapons

the only real problem was availability of rockets (when the spawn timer was much longer) but spawn killers had to also deal with this fact and would usually end up dying before they could reach another rocket

larger maps actually emphasized the importance of different play styles and having different roles as well (people who are defenders, people who wreak havoc in enemy base and wait for enemy flag to be returned, etc), nowadays it's pretty much just be a one-man army, grab rocket, fire, grab rocket, fire, etc.
tha chef
Forums Participant

Post by tha chef »

Something you're forgetting about big maps that were actually good from the past:

a) they didn't have large areas with no cover, big maps with nowhere for people without rx to maneuver around people with rx will always give rx a huge advantage, even if it's an rb-rx that moves slow and can be damaged with all weapons.
b) they often times had methods to get from base to base or generally cover some distance specifically for people without rx (teleporters, bouncers, shortcuts, etc)

One example is FW's maps from back in the day, I don't think he ever had one map that really blew me away but I think he was good at giving people without rx options. I remember most of his maps had all the weapons scattered throughout and included bouncers, lifts, and multiple levels so you could make moves on the ground and not be useless.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

be cool if we had a money system in game only so we can buy weapons at match start like Counter strike

evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

Was this ever finished?

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”