CTF-(VIP)RXJoust

No votes

Total votes: 0

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

CTF-(VIP)RXJoust

Post by =(V)iper= »

The next installment to the (VIP) series. An original Jousting match. Pictures coming soon...

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=TheRegular
Forums Elite

Re: CTF-(VIP)RXJoust

Post by =(V)=TheRegular »

:vmrocks :vmrocks :goodluck :peace :cool

:hi-wave
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Update!!!!

I can't remember who remember who said it (I want to say CM) that they wanted to see a blacked out map with lights turning on and such but anywho....It got the gears turning, this is going to be a fun map, so why not just black it out and stream line corners for people to see? Well here's our result to this map. Here's your first look at this new RXJoust map made in the (VIP) series! However, it's not going to be the final name to it. I have a long ways away from releasing, but it's going by smoothly. As you can see, it's all blacked out. I have a middle chute you can spam your RXs to the other side, this middle section shown is widened for more weapon placement, and there are RX paths you can take to get from one side to the other. Like any traditional joust, the flags will be on opposite sides so it'll be about pushing your opponent back enough to get the cap. I'm going to add a somewhat pushed back spawn, not enough to get spawn raped for 10 minutes but enough to where you can't instantly grab the flag. More to show soon!

RXJoust.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

well I know I never told ya about the black map idea

btu god knows I have talked abotu one on teamspeak a bunch of times
in fact...I always wanted a MATRIX map

where the whole map is black
and its filled with heaps and heaps of pillars spaced out in a way..when your at either flag areas...and yoru looking out into the map ...youd see the infamous matrix screen (with the green characters falling downwards on the poles in the map)

but ideally the poles are spaced out so you can still fly ..and maneuver

*** kinda like this..as an above view --> but with more poles (REPRESENTED BY O's)..but not all just in a straight line (like the forum structures it)

|-------- FLAG AREA ----------|
|.................................|
|..O....O......O....O......O..|
|......O....O.....O.......O....|
|..........O...O.......O.....O.|
|...O....O.....O..O....O......|

key is that it looks like a solid wall..when yoru at yoru flag/ spawn area
till ya start weaving in and out of the map

but ya..that was kinda my idea behind a map ....could be quite fun....and the ground game..throwing RX's at the poles in hopes to to kill the fliers
cause with a map like that ..ya can fly anywhich way ya want
which is part of the appeal...and with it being DARK.....well..just don't fly into the light ;) and youll survive

but ill shut up about that one...and look forward to yoru BLACK streamlined map :thumbup
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=D/\SH wrote:well I know I never told ya about the black map idea

and its filled with heaps and heaps of pillars spaced out in a way..when your at either flag areas...and yoru looking out into the map ...youd see the infamous matrix screen (with the green characters falling downwards on the poles in the map)

*** kinda like this..as an above view --> but with more poles (REPRESENTED BY O's)..but not all just in a straight line (like the forum structures it)

but ya..that was kinda my idea behind a map ....could be quite fun....and the ground game..throwing RX's at the poles in hopes to to kill the fliers
which is part of the appeal...and with it being DARK.....well..just don't fly into the light ;) and youll survive

but ill shut up about that one...and look forward to yoru BLACK streamlined map:thumbup
(VIP)D/-\SHedMatrix sounds interesting. Let me look into this when I'm done with Joust
Last edited by =(V)iper= on Sat Dec 12, 2015 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

ohhh Happy claps
a map with my own name in it....now that'd be fuckin awesome :D

but thanks.....
would love to see what ya can come up with (when ya have the time)

till ..than enjoy yoru drinking ;) and im sure i can speak for everyone ....enjoy the creations too
cause we do look forward to your maps
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

What, no street lights? :peace
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

UPDATE!

So, I've been looking this over, and I see the whole blacked out with the side walls being colored, you can definitely see where you're going, it's a joust map so it's really small and compact; HOWEVER! Viper doesn't like this just being dark, so he's been thinking. SOLUTION: 2 maps! Yeah that's right, this is getting a double release with one being the blacked out, and the other one, white out. They will also have slightly altered side tunnels with the same type of game play. I might also just change some minor things in between them (like the flag location, etc). I'm not 100% sure this will be a popular map, highly doubt it, but I'm going to wing it anyway to say "Ah what the hell?" People like fun spam maps at times I mind as well throw my hat in there to see what I can do with it.

So! Release date, I don't know, there's going to be 2 of these maps similar but different so let's just wait and see how this plays out. Also we have names for these maps (still subject to change).

CTF-(VIP)RXWhiteKnight
CTF-(VIP)RXBlackKnight

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=D/\SH wrote:well I know I never told ya about the black map idea

but ill shut up about that one...and look forward to yoru BLACK streamlined map :thumbup

BUMP: Slight issue with this map D/\SH, with moving textures like that it makes it super ridiculously laggy. It's what I'm seeing from AVA that people aren't a fan of, I thought it would've been alright but it does cause some lag for players, now adding well over a 100 walls (since each pillar would consist of about 8-12, by my standards, walls each) and you're just making a map no one wants to vote for.

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

ahh...tis a shame
thanks for tryin though Viper

seriously....greatly appreciated

but I completely understand ......
still would be awesome ..if it was feasible

so it goes....

whats funny......is im actually sad to not have a map named after me, more than anything..HEHE
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=D/\SH wrote:ahh...tis a shame
thanks for tryin though Viper

seriously....greatly appreciated

but I completely understand ......
still would be awesome ..if it was feasible

so it goes....

whats funny......is im actually sad to not have a map named after me, more than anything..HEHE
Your idea is still possible, I just have to compensate for the less fortunate players out there. I will look into a structure tonight for you though Dash and I will return with something. So don't give up on the hope on this. Might call it (VIP)D/\SHingSomething I'll get back to you. I'll move this via PM later when I have a layout for you, and if you give the go ahead we will make another post about it.

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Update:

I'm trying something new with the spawn pool. I'm keeping to my zone portal entry like you've been seeing in more recent maps but I'm adding a twist. Instead of you walking through a wall-to-wall sort of portal, this one is going to be in the center of the room, as a cylinder...Or rather half of a cylinder. I'm experimenting with it right now it looks kind of cool because you can walk around this entire portal and see the view of your base all the way to the other side without even having to step into the map itself. However, this is where it's tricky, and that's when I have those decent snipers sitting in their spawn trying to take out players as they enter. So to fix this here is how I'm resolving this issue.

Upon entering your spawn pool you will only have the Rocket Launcher, Flak Cannon, and Ripper available to you. These will also have ammo packs near them that will instantly respawn and give you full ammo (aside from the Ripper for spamming reasons. Which means you can't spam in your spawn with the Ripper, and it will not have ammo available aside from what you start with). There will also be a finite supply of RXs in this spawn, I'm thinking maybe 1 to 3 at most to stop a spawn killer from pinning you in. As you enter your flag base from this portal, I will give you the Minigun with full ammo for your disposal. There will also be reload ammo for RL and FC sitting somewhere. RXs will be more available in your spawn (again there will be maybe 3-5 here). You will have to fight your way into the middle where I'm calling the fun part. Here, not only will you see your favorite weapons such as ShockRifle, Sniper Rifle, and more RXs, but power ups as well. Meaning you will get to see QuadDamage, TC components (yeah fun times I played this map with it, hell of a good time), possibly a shortened time of invisibility (You're really easy to see in an all black map) and the RailGun. THERE WILL BE A SECRET ROOM HERE! So you've heard it here first. I'm giving you all sorts of goodies to play with in this map. I know you skeptics are concerned about a non-normal weapon being added but I assure you the RailGun isn't anything special but a combogib type of weapon. And the biggest flaw to having it is you have to be in the middle, most exposed portion of the map to obtain it, so there's a high chance you'll die before you even get there. There are split flight paths for Flag carriers and pilots but everything meets in the center of this map. That's where I expect the maximum amount of chaos to ensue here. I will provide screen shots and the full detail of this map upon completion. Right now I'm debating some more fun stuff here, like a small zone of ice type movement (you know where you can crouch and move quicker) and some fun features like that.

I must say I hate joust maps and I wanted to just kind of throw my idea into this for the fun of it, but I'm having a lot of fun with the ideas I'm adding to this map, and I hope you will all be able to enjoy this.

No expectations on release date just yet, but hopefully soon.

:thumbup

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

BUMPSICLE: I'm sorry I haven't been working on this.

NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

SHeeeeeeeeeeet ,And i was excited the whole time :sigh
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”