CTF-=(V)=DividedSpace / Help needed

No votes

Total votes: 0

=(V)=MTDESTROY
Pilot First Class

CTF-=(V)=DividedSpace / Help needed

Post by =(V)=MTDESTROY »

Hello all ! Here's the map i've almost finished. For the skybox, as i didn't know how to do, i just picked the CTF-Face one... :sigh

- I still need to work on the lightning (it looks dark for basic brightness, but not for me as i play with it at 75%, i need to add lightning.)
- Maybe i'll add a few details but i'm not sure about that, i need advices on this, i'm afraid if i do too much the map will just lag with rx.

So i need help on the bouncers. This is the first time i try to put bouncers/kickers on a map and i don't know why but sometimes they just send you in space, and sometimes they send you right where i wanted. I need someone to correct this if possible because i don't know what to do... Thanks :sigh

Anyway feel free to tell me if you like the idea!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Re: CTF-=(V)=DividedSpace / Help needed

Post by =(V)iper= »

Bouncers are a pain in the ass because you have to kind of determine the direction by trial and error. For example, under your bouner settings you should get a XYZ force setting. Where all are set to 0. Depending on how your map is angled varies to what you want to set and where you want to land. If anything, consult the bouncers on maps like w00tabulous (it's where I learned). I even have a bouncer on (VIP)U if you want to look at that. Other than that I can't really help you unless I see the map with my own eyes in Ued

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=MTDESTROY
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=MTDESTROY »

I actually tried with trials and errors but i don't know, sometimes they send you way too far and i really don't know why... :idontknow

You can download the map in my first post, it's in the files, it's the first one. :sigh
=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

I feel yoru pain
those damn bouncers are always throwing me out the bars :D
medor
Forums Elite

Post by medor »

Regarde là dedans tu trouveras un tuto pour ça http://www.extremew00t.com/tutorial.htm

La sauvegarde du site http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Tu ... 0t.com.zip
=(V)=MTDESTROY
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=MTDESTROY »

medor wrote:Regarde là dedans tu trouveras un tuto pour ça http://www.extremew00t.com/tutorial.htm

La sauvegarde du site http://medor.no-ip.org/index.php?dir=Tu ... 0t.com.zip
Merci! J'ai déjà un forum français, unrealdesign, que j'utilise avec internet wayback machine parce qu'il est down. Mais là le problème viens pas tant du fait que les bouncers n'envoient pas au bon endroit, ils le font, mais 7 fois sur 8 uniquement. Une fois de temps en temps ils envoient beaucoup trop loin et là j'ai vraiment aucune idée de ce qu'il se passe, c'est expliqué nulle part. :sigh

If somebody is willing to re-program them or has experienced the same problem, tell me how you got rid of it, it's written nowhere in tutorials.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

What you can do too Vicky, is to use "swjumpads" from the wootabulous site: http://www.extremew00t.com/downloads.html I have a few of these in place in my CTV-VM Lockerroom_Fixed map. They work more like transporters in how they are setup, and don't require the normally complex XYZ configuration that Viper says is a pain on the ass (I agree).

:thumbup
evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

That is nice looking!~
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

=(V)=Vicky_Vette wrote:I actually tried with trials and errors but i don't know, sometimes they send you way too far and i really don't know why... :idontknow

You can download the map in my first post, it's in the files, it's the first one. :sigh
I will take a look into it tonight after work. You might've set it too high or need a negative force shot going into it. Either way give me tonight.

On a side note I don't think I've ever been this active mapping wise in awhile so keep up the helping needs!

=(V)=MTDESTROY
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=MTDESTROY »

=(V)iper= wrote:
=(V)=Vicky_Vette wrote:I actually tried with trials and errors but i don't know, sometimes they send you way too far and i really don't know why... :idontknow

I will take a look into it tonight after work. You might've set it too high or need a negative force shot going into it. Either way give me tonight.

On a side note I don't think I've ever been this active mapping wise in awhile so keep up the helping needs!
It's probably way to high, thanks Viper! :vmrocks
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Yeah from what I'm seeing you have these set way too high my friend. I will change them and send them fixed via PM shortly (It's 2:21am here I'm assuming around an hour). Hopefully I can help you out with this part.

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Update: I just sent you the fix, please check your PM's at your convenience Vette. Hope it helps.

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”