Upcoming projects - No guarantees

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Upcoming projects - No guarantees

Post by =(V)iper= »

So I've been doing some thinking, and its gonna take some time (I know you hear it a lot from me) and I am going to work on a few projects I need to put out for you guys in the next upcoming months.

Firstly, Joust was nearly done so its a priority, I have yet to design the spawn areas and flag setup, its going to follow the traditional style Joust of flags being on opposite sides but I can't quite make that unique twist for myself to make a fun time for all.

Second, the birth of Rewinder, Sidewinder in reverse, and changed a bit. So bases will be up top, I want to extend and expand the spiral tunnels, and want to throw in a more available TC component. So speed, spirals, maybe keep it tight on the bases for defense but slightly easier to get in and out of bases.

Third, I have a 6 Bridges sequel in the running, oh yes, I wanted to make it so theres going to be some sick trick flying to master, things that you can confuse the hell out of a defender and juke your way in and out of bases, as well as what I'm calling an "Infinity floor" where you will be able to swim down to the floor and end up free falling from the ceiling in the center.

Fourth, special Viper original coming out, not a sequel, not a remake, completely never before seen (VIP) map. Secret project, but I will say I was inspired by an old map, but a completely original design, stay tuned for that.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Upcoming projects - No guarantees

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

sweet! i understand no promises, but ill take the prospects!

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

There is nothing that kills the fun more than voting bad maps...

Looking forward for some bad ass maps from you as always ;)
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Joust is pretty cool looking, it's all blacked out with the corners lit in colors for the bases, there's a 3 way split at the bases condensing into the main path, and condensed to the flag bases. I might do portal spawns, with multiple exits so you don't get pinned in one secluded location. I am taking out the idea of a spam weapon, so NW and RXs only. There will be split in the middle path for some Dodge flying and such, but it's gonna take skill for the less direct approach.

Rewinder is simply put. I found Sidewinder a pretty decent success but I heard complaints about the fact that it was a little too easy to defend the base, so I am definitely going to be taking that into consideration. Widening the approach tunnels a little bit, probably extending the turns or adding a little more, maybe a defense trigger to shut doors momentarily to block a flag carrier. I always liked that idea of "trapping" a flag carrier that took your flag into your own base and making them Dodge RXs for maybe 10 seconds or so. The only issue I saw was delaying it from being triggered again to avoid the spamming of it (we all know it'd happen). Overall I was happy with Sidewinder's design and I think Rewinder will be a great sequel.

6 bridges might turn into 4, 5, 7, or 8. It all depends on how I look at the center and see what looks good and how it'd fit in with the Infinity floor. The main base tunnels will be changed as well, I liked the 90° turn to the flag, simple, but I really wasn't a fan of the little split tunnels turned out, it was quite useless. So, as follows with this sequel, I'm going to bring them closer to the flag, expand them a bit, and make them a more alternative route to grab the flag. So what you're going to see at the flag is like a miniature version of Atomica (or Hazmat if you play the VIP series more often). It's going to be an open flag with numerous multi-directional looped tunnels to get in and around a base's defense. Don't worry too much about not being able to defend however, I'm adding access to many, many more RX's into those slots you saw in 6B. You know, the annoying spawn points where you picked up a flake cannon or other NW? Yeah, there you'll get an RX so let that maybe commence. But it'll come with a price of wider tunnels so it won't overpower the offense, just make them think before approaching the key shaped tunnel.

The secret project I won't spoil too much of the surprise, but it's an original design I based off of a pretty fun but boring map TotalCommitment. Oh yeah, speed freaks get ready for some real fun, fast paced, non-stop flag running. Quad Damage boosts, ESRs, TC, The list goes on. I'll let you know when this gets closer to completion the details. And don't worry your little head against those ESR RX gunners, I'll be sure to add plenty of twists and turns to ensure they'll have to risk crashing if they try to crouch and shoot you before you gun them down.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first

Return to “Projects in Progress & Feedback”