Need help with an old map

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Need help with an old map

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Well its been years since i even seen this map and I found the zip. honestly i dont even know if the map is good LOL but I Cant test it becuase its looking for an even rarer file called 'RocketX3Psycho' if any one has this .u file send it over if not can someone change the map to rx8?

Please see attached
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Re: Need help with an old map

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Tried searching - I can find the map, but not the file you're looking for. I'll keep searching. :idontknow
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Kevster wrote:Tried searching - I can find the map, but not the file you're looking for. I'll keep searching. :idontknow
yeah that is the problem the file is a special rocket x no longer around. Im goign to check my archive drives and hope for a miracle.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

Some guy was on the server a few days a ago talking about the psycho x

Can't remember his name
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

easy trick i use all the time with new maps, when i dont have the music file to go with it, i just rename a random music file the same name as the one the map is looking for, however this was a bit more tricky, cause a u file has a string with it so just renaming any file wont do the trick, however if u just rename the rocketx3f to this psycho rocket x whatever, itll work, whoever modified the rx3f into thier own version didnt touch the class names (second part of the gun string), so just rename the rx3f and ur good to go (just make sure to back up the orignal rx3f b4 renaming it). Doesnt look like to me a map thats worth it tho, not alot of detail, and just 2 marine ships with flags out in the open. This trick might stop the rx from spawning, idk, i didnt check, but at least the map can load up for u now. If u wanted to run this on a server using this trick i recommend opening the map in ued and removing the custom rx so it wont need this file to load.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

dude that is genius

Return to “Mapping Help”