Keybinds change every map

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Keybinds change every map

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

This is something that is *not* happening on any of the Vulpine Mission servers.

I go to a server located in Germany called Rubie's Unreal. He has a few '99 servers that are setup for Unreal '98 single player style with CoOp support. I have reached out to him directly, but I don't think he understands what I am trying to convey to him.

If I have my User.ini or my UnrealTournament.ini set as read-only or not, it does not matter. It changes my jump key every map. Anyone ever see this before ?

I am no expert by far, but something is telling me this is something that is set server-side in Germany.

:think

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Keybinds change every map

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

I've seen other servers do similar things. It's most likely a server side mod that forces it.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun May 02, 2021 2:34 pm I've seen other servers do similar things. It's most likely a server side mod that forces it.
Yea, I think what RJ says is correct. Mine changes too. I have to keep going in and changing them back. Annoying actually.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Does it happen for you every map ? I could stay in that server, and not close UT down or leave that server, and when the map progresses to the next one, I have to set the controls again, every time.

If I look at my User.ini after leaving that server, it shows my settings that I had saved, as if I were in a practice match or on the =(V)= server.

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 11:30 am ^ Does it happen for you every map ? I could stay in that server, and not close UT down or leave that server, and when the map progresses to the next one, I have to set the controls again, every time.

If I look at my User.ini after leaving that server, it shows my settings that I had saved, as if I were in a practice match or on the =(V)= server.
That I can't answer because I don't check it every map. I only check it when my key binds don't work as expected.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Thanks for your input. I will try and reach out to the German guy again and ask him why he is over-riding client commands. It could be because he is emulating Unreal 1998 - not sure.

:/

Return to “UT 99 Specific Discussion”