Viper's Art Story - (A little lengthy)

Photography, Cars, Animals, Wood and leather crafting or whatever your hobby may be!

No votes

Total votes: 0

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Viper's Art Story - (A little lengthy)

Post by =(V)iper= »

If you're like my other friends who've known me for awhile, you may think in your head, "Hey I didn't know he can draw" mostly because I don't go public with my drawings and I do it just for the shits and gigs when I'm bored or inspired to make something. Same thing happens when I make maps, I have to be inspired to do so. Anyways so here's a story of how my art progress came to be.

I started off drawing traditional tattoo tribal designs, well I can't say that because I've been drawing since I was in 3rd grade but anywho, I drew this tribal bull it's one of the earliest pictures I have in my little portfolio here.

I continued my drawing with this "Fox Racing" logo, mostly just solid colorings obviously, traditional black and white.

This one is actually kind of cool, it's like an abstract musical flower I drew for a friend of mine. I also managed to camouflage her name "Caitlin" into it, so see if you can see it in there. I guarantee once you see it, you'll begin seeing it whenever you look at this picture lol

Here's where I began working on a tattoo design I was trying to do for myself and potentially get done on my arm. I started drawing crosses and flowers because I had an incorporated way I wanted to use that would be a symbol of my family (Starting with my grandparents then moving down to my generation) so here's the beginning progression with that. The first cross I messed up the bottom part so ignore that, the second is a flower design a friend of mine wanted and the third is a mixture of my traditional skills moving into the "current" cross interest at the time.

It finally came down to something I was happy with and it's just a matter of time before I take this to my tattoo artist to get put on my arm. If you want to know how I incorporated my family into this tattoo it's because it goes like this:
2 roses = My grandparents
6 leaves = My aunts/uncles/mom
16 (15 listed I have to add 1) thorns = Myself and my 15 cousins

A while after I drew the cross design I did little things here and there but I started drawing this design but stopped because I wanted to shade it but haven't been so skilled with shading so this one is incomplete as of right now but hopefully I'll finish it soon because...well you'll see a little ahead of this story.

So I began shading, or teaching myself to shade. I did many little things like drawing circles and shading them in different areas but I don't want to put up 100s of little bits and details about this story so here's the first drawing I actually did using my shading, as you can see it's still not quite there but I at least had a start.

Here, however, is where I began a more advanced version of my shading, and this is also another potential tattoo design after I go back in and do modifications to it and add the antlers to it's head

And last but not least, this is another friend's idea of a design and not only my most recent of drawings but my first time using my ability to shade with color. If you can't see it (I know my camera only shows so much detail) it's actually blue at the base of each petal and fades to purple up to the tips of them.

If you made it this far then I thank you

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Re: Viper's Art Story - (A little lengthy)

Post by =(V)=_The_Greek_ »

Good work man. I really like the crosses and the heart shaped flower. If I was gonna draw all of my uncles/aunts and cousins, I would need 15 leaves and about 50 thorns. lol It's great how you have shown your love for your family in the drawings.
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Got to wait until I get home to view them, school is blocking the pictures, lammmeee..
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

really nice work man :) hope you post up some more

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

Very school story. I think the first cross you drew is my favorite. I love the Celtic design.

I've been drawing since I was little as well, but sort of stopped habitually doing it once high school started. I've tried to get back into it since, but just like you I need to be inspired first.

Great work though! Keep it up! =-]

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Celtic designs are so simple once you learn the technique. Make 4 points on a piece of paper, make lines from each point to each point, and then just erase some spots when they intersect. Sounds weird right now when I'm trying to explain it via text but maybe I'll show a tutorial video or something

=(V)=]v[yster
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=]v[yster »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:really nice work man :) hope you post up some more
Same here Pie, I love that first cross!
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Some kick ass drawings man!
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

=(V)=]v[yster wrote:
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:really nice work man :) hope you post up some more
Same here Pie, I love that first cross!

me too :)
=(V)=Rurik
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Rurik »

Awesom work!
Caitlin one looks really cool!
ImageSignature by =(V)=D/\SH!

Jeg har ingenting, men jeg har alt når jeg har deg.
------------------------------------------------------------------
Image Image
KiLLaH
V.I.P.

Post by KiLLaH »

Really nice work!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

Thanks everyone, the next one I'm trying to do is the one I couldn't finish before. I'm going to attempt to take another shot at it when I get inspired to do so again.

NyteBlayDe
Forums Master

Post by NyteBlayDe »

Awesome work ,Man. They look so great.

Looks like we have an artist :)
Signature made by =(V)=D/\SH

Return to “Hobby Corner”