Need help win7 Reboots.

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Need help win7 Reboots.

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

Trying to get a old mans computer running again. It's a Acer Aspire desktop. I had to get the recover disks for it. I loaded up everything but it keeps rebooting. It goes to start windows then fails. It gives a few option to do. Safe Mode safe mode with networking and so on. Ive been racking my brain out trying all kind of shit. Tech support wants $99 dollars and say there is something in the Bios that needs to be changed. I went through all that and can't find shit that's not setup wrong..Anyone got any ideas?
Why run, you will only die tired!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Re: Need help win7 Reboots.

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Does it even get in to Windows Jake? If it makes it into Windows then reboots at some point, it could be a failing driver or a driver in conflict with a piece of hardware (more commonly known and an IRQ conflict). In cases like that, you could try pulling hardware out that might have been added after you purchased the machine, until it stops rebooting. You would just have to keep track of what you removed so that you know what piece of hardware might have caused or is causing the conflict.

If that doesn't do it, try resetting your BIOS to default settings then restarting. You might also look for a BIOS update for the model motherboard you have. The model of the board is normally silk-screened on the motherboard somewhere. You have to have a stable BIOS in order to run these newer operating systems. If you don't, you'll have situations like occur like you're having now.

Make sure you're using the manufacturer's own drivers and not third-party drivers.

Let me know if any of these suggestion works for you.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:14 am Does it even get in to Windows Jake? If it makes it into Windows then reboots at some point, it could be a failing driver or a driver in conflict with a piece of hardware (more commonly known and an IRQ conflict). In cases like that, you could try pulling hardware out that might have been added after you purchased the machine, until it stops rebooting. You would just have to keep track of what you removed so that you know what piece of hardware might have caused or is causing the conflict.

If that doesn't do it, try resetting your BIOS to default settings then restarting. You might also look for a BIOS update for the model motherboard you have. The model of the board is normally silk-screened on the motherboard somewhere. You have to have a stable BIOS in order to run these newer operating systems. If you don't, you'll have situations like occur like you're having now.

Make sure you're using the manufacturer's own drivers and not third-party drivers.

Let me know if any of these suggestion works for you.
this^^ I Also wanted to add what version of windows 7? what manufacturer? sometimes you can torrent a better version of 7 such as home/ pro sp1 sp2 etc also if the bios was updated previously it may not work with the first edition win 7 for instance

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Chamberly
Forums Participant

Post by Chamberly »

Let us know from trying the 2 mention above!
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Ok..i removed cd/dvd player, tried removing memory sticks, card reader and set bios to default. Same thing. The disk I got are not third party. When I set the bios to load defaults the pc wont reboot until i save and exit. Shouldnt it reboot when i hit load defaults? Both of my pc's do it. RJ it's a Acer Aspire desktop AM3470G-UW10P. That's what's on side panel. It's Windows 7 home edition. Nothing new has ever been put on this machine. It belongs to a 79 year old man I take care of. It crapped on him and he put it aside and bought a new PC but now he wants to see if I can get it going. I like a challenge but it's pissing me off now..LOL!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} on Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

any popped capacitors?

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

No popped..I just added pics to post.
Chamberly
Forums Participant

Post by Chamberly »

Just the OS file issue.

Don't have another flash drive or hard drive to install a temporary OS while working on your main one? Or to store what you need?

(I've used a linux OS to move my files to the flash drive and redo my windows OS before lol)
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

no spare or flash drive.
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

This is as far as I get. Endless cycle.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:26 pm Ok..i removed cd/dvd player, tried removing memory sticks, card reader and set bios to default. Same thing. The disk I got are not third party. When I set the bios to load defaults the pc wont reboot until i save and exit. Shouldnt it reboot when i hit load defaults? Both of my pc's do it. RJ it's a Acer Aspire desktop AM3470G-UW10P. That's what's on side panel. It's Windows 7 home edition. Nothing new has ever been put on this machine. It belongs to a 79 year old man I take care of. It crapped on him and he put it aside and bought a new PC but now he wants to see if I can get it going. I like a challenge but it's pissing me off now..LOL!
No, you can't reboot without saving the BIOS settings or you'll loose the setting(s) you just made Jake.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

I would look for a windows 7 sp2 disk and use the key on the box.

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Thinking maybe the HD might be faulty.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} wrote: Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:51 pm Thinking maybe the HD might be faulty.
run a hd test does the bios come with those tools?

BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

No tools.

Return to “Computer Geeks”