Pixio is on my blacklist (wall of text warning)

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
LeeStricklin
Forums Participant

Pixio is on my blacklist (wall of text warning)

Post by LeeStricklin »

Recently my prized Sony Trinintron G520 went completely out on me (flyback AND tube are shot, no saving it) and I was forced to replace it with a newer display. Did some looking around and settled on a Pixio PX276h because of the response times and advertised features. Unfortunately, the fucker was detected by my GPU as a 60hz display (it's supposed to be 144hz) and changing it in Windows to anything higher would cause it malfunction when a 3D application was launched. OK, I got a bad unit, so I return the bastard and place in a preorder for the new batch. New one arrives, same problem, plus a dead pixel. Thinking it's my GPU possibly I just use the damn thing at 60hz until it blows completely out one day. RMA the bitch, pick up a loaner monitor from my brother in law, and set it to 75hz. Loaner doesn't spaz out... Get my monitor back from Pixio a few weeks later, my GPU detects it as a 144hz display, the screen doesn't have any dead pixels, looks promising right? Freaks out even harder than the previous ones did when a game is ran. Switch from HDMI to display port (whatever, guess I can live without it's fake HDR features), everything seems to be smooth right? Then the fucker overheats and goes into power saving mode. Emailed them about it and they tell me to do a bunch of shit I already did and tell me a bunch of shit I already know like I'm a complete dumb ass or something (even though it was stated I thoroughly tested the damn thing). So with this said, I'm going to get a return label, send the bitch back for a full refund, and find myself another TN panel that will actually fucking work since Pixio couldn't provide me with one the first three times around. Just to be thorough, I tested the monitor on three PCs with a variety of cables. I also tested my brother in law's Nixeus Edg27 IPS without any issues on my rig.

Return to “Computer Geeks”