New PC build

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Re: New PC build

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I totally appreciates the resources guys... but the little i3 that I am typing this up on right now....... Linux version 18... Holy eff... no errors... I think I am done with anything with concerning Winblows.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

what Linux are you running? i have a couple of Virtual machines with Linux on them. I'll never switch but i like to know what people run. Also curious if you can play on the ACE server.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I don't have to piece together anything from PC Partspicker.

I am now the proud owner of a new gaming rig :)

It's all AMD, which goes against everything I have trained myself to believe since I had a Win 3.1 machine back in the day.

I was in search of an i5 or better with an nVidia card. Instead..... I went to the dark side.

Got a six core with a Sapphire RX470

Saw it on the internet this morning at a place called OfferUp and the dude lived 25 minutes away. We both agreed to meet half way and I by-passed the offerup site and threw cash in his hands.

The card is a few years old, but everything else is brand new. I am using it right now to type this. It does have Win 10 Home on it, and I think I will take Kevster and RocketJedi's recommendation and roll with it. I will have to locate the corporate edition of Win 10, though. To go from Win 7 Ultimate edition to this..... almost makes me want to put Ubuntu Linux 18 on it..... almost.

See ya in the servers, Gentlemen.

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 3:21 am I don't have to piece together anything from PC Partspicker.

I am now the proud owner of a new gaming rig :)

It's all AMD, which goes against everything I have trained myself to believe since I had a Win 3.1 machine back in the day.

I was in search of an i5 or better with an nVidia card. Instead..... I went to the dark side.

Got a six core with a Sapphire RX470

Saw it on the internet this morning at a place called OfferUp and the dude lived 25 minutes away. We both agreed to meet half way and I by-passed the offerup site and threw cash in his hands.

The card is a few years old, but everything else is brand new. I am using it right now to type this. It does have Win 10 Home on it, and I think I will take Kevster and RocketJedi's recommendation and roll with it. I will have to locate the corporate edition of Win 10, though. To go from Win 7 Ultimate edition to this..... almost makes me want to put Ubuntu Linux 18 on it..... almost.

See ya in the servers, Gentlemen.
If you have a key you may be able to change it. good luck with your new system. I think by next winter I may be building a new system.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I heard from the grapevine, that RJ is looking to build a kickass 386 SX machine. I'm told, he doesn't like the math co-processor. LOL :laugh
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 1:03 pm I heard from the grapevine, that RJ is looking to build a kickass 386 SX machine. I'm told, he doesn't like the math co-processor. LOL :laugh
pfff I heard the 286 is the tits.

=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Hello.

I finally bit the bullet and did a fresh install of Win 10. I even paid for the license key instead of utilizing a boot loader like I did for many years with Win 7.

It is the Home edition and not the Pro. I believe that was a mistake. Even though I am the only user and I am the administrator, it doesn't think I am. I am going to utilize Kevster's instructions closely. Just figured I would pop on and give an advanced "Thank you" for all the time that is involved with stuff like this.

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:33 pm Hello.

I finally bit the bullet and did a fresh install of Win 10. I even paid for the license key instead of utilizing a boot loader like I did for many years with Win 7.

It is the Home edition and not the Pro. I believe that was a mistake. Even though I am the only user and I am the administrator, it doesn't think I am. I am going to utilize Kevster's instructions closely. Just figured I would pop on and give an advanced "Thank you" for all the time that is involved with stuff like this.
I've never had a problem with either of those utilities that I provided links to. I use them mainly, as I've said, to disable the bullshit that Microsoft adds in and also most of the monitoring crap. All that bullshit phoning home all the time, takes up bandwidth too. So getting rid of what you can, can be a big help.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

what instructions? why were you using a boot loader? installing windows is a really nothing complicated. boot form usb/cd and install. windows 10 auto formats prior to install its easier than ever.

Return to “Computer Geeks”