Behind Every Name is a Story What's Yours?

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Behind Every Name is a Story What's Yours?

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Names can be significant to us. They are part of the fabric of our character.

What is your in-game name? And how did you choose it?

When first playing UT back in 1999 I remember sitting at my terminal looking at a blank UT name. This was an important moment. After thinking it through I thought the game is bloody and messy. Because of the maturity of the game I felt something harder was in order. Hence BloodyFukinMess

I played under that name always. As I grew into the Strange Love mod community I joined clans. Soon I found out the clan tag wouldn't fit with such a long name. So I short handed it to BloodyF'nMess.

Then I joined a very special clan called Deadly Rabbits. Not only did we wear the [DR] Tag but we had to include "Rabbit" in all of our names. Such a great clan and great friends. This gave way to [DR]BloodyRabbit.

After we disbanded at the pinnacle of our strength and popularity on good terms because we wanted to go out on top unlike other clans that faded away. I still wore the name because it was a badge of honor, and respect for my clan.

I came here and stumbled upon RX. The closest thing to SLV still around after my hiatus. Soon after I joined VulpineMission and here I am today. =(V)=BloodyFnRabbit

Who knew a name could have its own history and personality?

What's your story? How did you choose your name? What's the significance?
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Re: Behind Every Name is a Story What's Yours?

Post by EvolutionZero »

back when i first started playing my brother was in the FTB clan b4 i was, he set me up with it and i told him i wanted my name to b Zero, however he decided to name me NightWing because he had dibs on all the Gundam names (even tho he nvr ended up using the name zero.... piece of shit :D ). Back then i wasnt a fan of Gundam Wing, that is not y i wanted the name. It was because when i was young my brother's friend use to babysit me after school on occasion and he had one of the greatest video games of all time: MegaMan x4, of which had 2 playable characters: X (megaman) and Zero (sword user rather than a gun). I remember trying hours to beat that damn robot spider boss, i did eventually do it, but that was the only boss i beat until i got my own copy of the game. Having to rank my favorite games with all the different madden versions i have played and ut99 and 2k4 both having their bright spots, its hard to put them all in order, but the megaman franchise as a whole, defiantly in the top 3 with madden and ut, with X4 being my favorite megaman game. My brother eventually stopped playing ut and i was able to put the name i actually wanted on, even tried it with a few tweaks such as AbsoluteZero (just sounded cool), and the now EvolutionZero, but ill get to that. Idk if it was the fact that i was denied the name i wanted, or if it was simply just the fact that i like change, but i have used near countless different names at one time or another (such as TallGeese [yes i do like the gundam series now adays], {FHG}Nova, {oToD}ChickenWing, {EG}Vengeance, and many more), but the name EvolutionZero was created to act more as a screen name that was (at least somewhat) unique, with a play on words that essentially just means the human race is pathetic and un-evolved. I dont use the name in servers often, more so on things like forums, ts, steam like apps and my xbox. Most of the ppl that still play simply know me by NightWing, (Absolute)Zero or =A!M=Voltage (TAM/Freon 2K4 only) now.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Are you old enough to remember pre-gameboy days? When they sold cheap games on hand held devices with cheap graphics? I somehow or rather came across Megaman. I remember loving and playing that game so much.

I think this is the exact game!!
[BBvideo=560,315]

[/BBvideo]

For me remembering this is a rare moment of remembering things long ago I hardly remember anymore :laugh At 32 yrs old I'm getting there. I'll always be young at heart =)

Great story evolutionzero!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

ZodiaK
Forums Master

Post by ZodiaK »

Zodiac killer was the biggest part of it since we kill people in this game. Also I alias a lot so you never really knew if it was me, along with how the zodiac killer was never found. (inb4 ted cruz memes).

So yeah.

All of the names I have ever used have a story of some sort behind them.
Thunderwear
Forums Participant

Post by Thunderwear »

My original name was "Blackape" which is something I randomly came upon back in 2003 when I first started playing/mapping. After many failed attempts at trying to find a name that sounded "cool". Trying not to seem like too much of a nOOb going to LAN parties. [since I still had dial-up] :approvecool But since lots of apes are usually black, I probably just looked dumb. LOL.

I stopped playing for a while, after 05/06. Then I picked it back up, a couple years ago. Found the Rocket server a year ago and got hooked on flying around. Was a total nOOb though, and Slagg let me know on more than one occasion! If I am ever the crab skin again he would probably have a heart attack! :laugh

From there I knew I needed a new name so I didn't get raped so hard in the chat! I dabbled around changing names and whatnot, trying to learn how to fly. Then one day my dog Thunder stole my wife's underwear. So now he has a nickname of "ThundieUndies" [maybe I should have used that one] :smilewinkgrin But then it struck my brain of Thunderwear! That name sounds dumb enough, that even though I am still learning how to play; no one can take me seriously. I still have way to many ups and downs on matches of sucking or doing decent.

Then I found this website https://www.thunderwear.com/ and it solidified it all for me! The people in the photo's look way too ridiculous to take it seriously! Which makes me remember not take the game seriously! It's all in good fun, and it's not like we are getting energy drink sponsors or having crazy conventions to play. That is why I like it the most! It reminds me of my younger years with all the shit talking and everything. But knowing that anyone playing now on any server is doing it for fun! Since there is only a select amount of people that do still play/mod/map etc.!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Thunderwear wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:58 pm ....
Then one day my dog Thunder stole my wife's underwear. So now he has a nickname of "ThundieUndies" [maybe I should have used that one] :smilewinkgrin But then it struck my brain of Thunderwear!
Lmfao!! This is the best story yet!! Ahahaha

Zods is very creative. Never would have guessed that. Me like

EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 3:52 am Are you old enough to remember pre-gameboy days? When they sold cheap games on hand held devices with cheap graphics? I somehow or rather came across Megaman. I remember loving and playing that game so much.

I think this is the exact game!!
[BBvideo=560,315]

[/BBvideo]

For me remembering this is a rare moment of remembering things long ago I hardly remember anymore :laugh At 32 yrs old I'm getting there. I'll always be young at heart =)

Great story evolutionzero!
Nah, i doubt ive ever played any hand held game that was pre-gameboy and tho i did play my brothers super nintendo and 64 on occasion, i didnt rly get into video games b4 the gameboy color and ps1. So i guess i have nvr played that megaman game. Ive rly only played 3 or 4 different versions of megaman, but still enough to get me hooked :D. The newer versions i dont even try, they just look stupid to me. The last version i tried was one they made for the gameboy advanced, dont remember if i still have it or not or what that version was even called. It wasnt bad tho.
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

My original name was raidenx68 (mgs character + favorite number)

Changed my name to L33t cause people would confuse me with raiden from ros (before we both joined ros). A cousin who used to play gave me the name

Changed to venom cause I was bored and wanted a new name in joining vm & I always liked the marvel character

Super lame amirite?
tha chef
Forums Participant

Post by tha chef »

cause chef ainsley harriott memes make me happy, and i genuinely like to cook.
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I mean, how else was I going to sneak into VM? ;)

As far as my alter ego, ask him when he wakes up.

@tha chef , did you get my PM. Or did you ignore it :(
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=TheRegular
Forums Elite

Post by =(V)=TheRegular »

TheRegular

I'll tell you lol , I got it maybe 13 years ago ,

I always thought of being at a bar or a food spot , so I'm a regular there , thus

TheRegular .
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

@venom I like raiden from Mortal Kombat! LoL Does that count?

@tha chef I know nothing of chef ainsley harriott But I loved "Iron Chef" before it became big and became "Iron Chef America" I'm talking back in '99 and early 2000's.

@Joker is The Joker one of your fav evil people? Do you just like being the evil person? A bit insane and bat shit crazy?

@TheRegular Sometimes you wanna go! Where every body knows your nammeee... (Go to :38 second mark)
When I worked in the restraunt industry we had lots of regulars. And we loved almost all of them! =) In fact one of the guys is trying to set me up at a Tesla location. Still waiting! Tough as hell trying to get in and work for Tesla... let alone anywhere else.

:vmrocks

=(V)=TheRegular
Forums Elite

Post by =(V)=TheRegular »

Oh you don't have to tell me about Cheers ! one of my favorite past time shows . just the theme song is so nostalgic

That's cooll !!! my sister just got a job , making 180k a year & she reserved her Tesla , the new one coming out .

I remember an episode , Norm got stuck in the bar & he was like how am I going to get out ?!

Then he realized he was in a bar LOL , & he tip toed to the tap & drank & the episode ended ,

Hilarious .
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=TheRegular wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2017 12:22 am Oh you don't have to tell me about Cheers ! one of my favorite past time shows . just the theme song is so nostalgic

That's cooll !!! my sister just got a job , making 180k a year & she reserved her Tesla , the new one coming out .

I remember an episode , Norm got stuck in the bar & he was like how am I going to get out ?!

Then he realized he was in a bar LOL , & he tip toed to the tap & drank & the episode ended ,

Hilarious .
Your sister, eh? I'm looking for a Harley Q, you should definitely hook me up bro... ;)
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

LOL! @ both of you hahaha.

I was gonna say he's in a frigging bar!! Lol that is hilarious.

Joker.. isn't Harley Q even more psycho than the Joker? What you gonna call your kids?

Return to “General Discussion”