Any interest in a ut2004 server?

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Any interest in a ut2004 server?

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

:think

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Superior
Forums Participant

Re: Any interest in a ut2004 server?

Post by Superior »

I agree, I have bought an Original UT2004 long time ago...! :cow6

I found the 2004 a very cool version... :approvecool

Let's improve a UT2004 server! :vmrocks

:thumbup
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

i havent checked up on ONS in a while, but i think its still popular. The only other gametype that gets any action in ut2004 is Freon/Freezetag. ONS being a gametype main points are having all sorts of vehicles and trying to get control over enough control areas to make it so ur enemy's power core is no longer shielded, then u have to destroy it. While freezetag is mainly played with crouch to shoot sniper, but in a near run and gun style with fast trans, low grav and quad jumps. Freon is played with normal weapons and high grav, u spawn with all weapons (aside from deemer type weapons) (trans optional server side, but rarley put in). The purpose in both freezetag and freon is to freeze the entire other team to get a single point. Freon is usually first to 10 team points, while freezetag ive seen at 5 and 8 team points. You can thaw ur teammates by standing nxt to them for a certain amount of time, or telethaw (translocating ur frozen alies, very rare addon, but FTB uses it) and adrenaline combo. For every action (other than just moving around) you get whats called adrenaline. Once u get 100 ur adrenaline will stop adding more until u use a combo by pressing 4 particular movement keys in a row as fast as possible, like dodging. Each combo gives u certain purks: f+f+f+f=speed, b+b+b+b=regen health, r+r+l+l=invis, f+f+b+b=faster rate of fire, b+b+f+f=auto thaw/rezurection (TAM gametype only), with all combos only lasting until ur adrenaline reaches 0 and then u have to build it back up again. Other then these, theres rly no gametype with any interest left in 2k4.

b= back
f= forward
r = right
l = left
Superior
Forums Participant

Post by Superior »

I love the new Instagib, in UT2004... , there is the Best... :approvecool
=(V)=TheRegular
Forums Elite

Post by =(V)=TheRegular »

I say yes
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

Superior wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm I love the new Instagib, in UT2004... , there is the Best... :approvecool
new? nothing with this game is new :D. U mean u just like the default instagib better than 99, or r u talking about the customized fast firing instagib?
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

I don't own this game or minecraft. So I'm indifferent. I use to own 2004 way back. But haven't player it in so long! =)
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Superior
Forums Participant

Post by Superior »

EvolutionZero wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:10 am
Superior wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 2:53 pm I love the new Instagib, in UT2004... , there is the Best... :approvecool
new? nothing with this game is new :D. U mean u just like the default instagib better than 99, or r u talking about the customized fast firing instagib?
Yes... much Improved... You don't like it? :laugh

a lot faster...! :thumbup
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

EvolutionZero wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm i havent checked up on ONS in a while, but i think its still popular. The only other gametype that gets any action in ut2004 is Freon/Freezetag. ONS being a gametype main points are having all sorts of vehicles and trying to get control over enough control areas to make it so ur enemy's power core is no longer shielded, then u have to destroy it. While freezetag is mainly played with crouch to shoot sniper, but in a near run and gun style with fast trans, low grav and quad jumps. Freon is played with normal weapons and high grav, u spawn with all weapons (aside from deemer type weapons) (trans optional server side, but rarley put in). The purpose in both freezetag and freon is to freeze the entire other team to get a single point. Freon is usually first to 10 team points, while freezetag ive seen at 5 and 8 team points. You can thaw ur teammates by standing nxt to them for a certain amount of time, or telethaw (translocating ur frozen alies, very rare addon, but FTB uses it) and adrenaline combo. For every action (other than just moving around) you get whats called adrenaline. Once u get 100 ur adrenaline will stop adding more until u use a combo by pressing 4 particular movement keys in a row as fast as possible, like dodging. Each combo gives u certain purks: f+f+f+f=speed, b+b+b+b=regen health, r+r+l+l=invis, f+f+b+b=faster rate of fire, b+b+f+f=auto thaw/rezurection (TAM gametype only), with all combos only lasting until ur adrenaline reaches 0 and then u have to build it back up again. Other then these, theres rly no gametype with any interest left in 2k4.

b= back
f= forward
r = right
l = left
Only thing is that I can't drive those vehicles worth a shit LOL
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 am I don't own this game or minecraft. So I'm indifferent. I use to own 2004 way back. But haven't player it in so long! =)
I can make you an ISO image of mine BR. I have both the 2003/2004 versions. I also have the fixed exe to launch the game without the DVD. :thumbup
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:33 pm
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:53 am I don't own this game or minecraft. So I'm indifferent. I use to own 2004 way back. But haven't player it in so long! =)
I can make you an ISO image of mine BR. I have both the 2003/2004 versions. I also have the fixed exe to launch the game without the DVD. :thumbup
Is a CD key needed? I'll have to find one.

PS I believe there is a decent SLV mod for 2004 ;). I played it in the early days when it was okay (in 2005). I think it's been updated since then.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm
Is a CD key needed? I'll have to find one.

PS I believe there is a decent SLV mod for 2004 ;). I played it in the early days when it was okay (in 2005). I think it's been updated since then.
CD key IS needed, but I may have two copies of ut2004. I can provide you with one of the keys and the exe which allows you to play without the DVD. :thumbup
Superior
Forums Participant

Post by Superior »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:32 pm
EvolutionZero wrote: Sun Oct 15, 2017 1:01 pm i havent checked up on ONS in a while, but i think its still popular. The only other gametype that gets any action in ut2004 is Freon/Freezetag. ONS being a gametype main points are having all sorts of vehicles and trying to get control over enough control areas to make it so ur enemy's power core is no longer shielded, then u have to destroy it. While freezetag is mainly played with crouch to shoot sniper, but in a near run and gun style with fast trans, low grav and quad jumps. Freon is played with normal weapons and high grav, u spawn with all weapons (aside from deemer type weapons) (trans optional server side, but rarley put in). The purpose in both freezetag and freon is to freeze the entire other team to get a single point. Freon is usually first to 10 team points, while freezetag ive seen at 5 and 8 team points. You can thaw ur teammates by standing nxt to them for a certain amount of time, or telethaw (translocating ur frozen alies, very rare addon, but FTB uses it) and adrenaline combo. For every action (other than just moving around) you get whats called adrenaline. Once u get 100 ur adrenaline will stop adding more until u use a combo by pressing 4 particular movement keys in a row as fast as possible, like dodging. Each combo gives u certain purks: f+f+f+f=speed, b+b+b+b=regen health, r+r+l+l=invis, f+f+b+b=faster rate of fire, b+b+f+f=auto thaw/rezurection (TAM gametype only), with all combos only lasting until ur adrenaline reaches 0 and then u have to build it back up again. Other then these, theres rly no gametype with any interest left in 2k4.

b= back
f= forward
r = right
l = left
Only thing is that I can't drive those vehicles worth a shit LOL
the Vehile Engine... for designing isn't good also enough? :think
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:32 pm Only thing is that I can't drive those vehicles worth a shit LOL
ya, they are definatly more difficult to drive than an ut99 rx.
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 4:42 pm PS I believe there is a decent SLV mod for 2004 ;). I played it in the early days when it was okay (in 2005). I think it's been updated since then.
As far as i can tell support for slv was nvr high for 2k4. A few years back i discovered someone had made the slv for 2k4, found it in a server and there were little to no maps converted from 99 and i havent seen any on the internet ether. Im pretty sure no one made a rx for 2k4, to me it seems like ppl didnt care enough to truly bring it into 2k4, u guys would have to do a lot of work to get it going.
Superior wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 9:26 am
EvolutionZero wrote: Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:10 am
Yes... much Improved... You don't like it? :laugh

a lot faster...! :thumbup
The default instagib in 2k4 should b about the same rate of fire, so for u to b saying "a lot faster", then im guessing ur talking about the XxxX customized black instagib rifle. This instagib rifle has a configurable rate of fire so u can make it as slow or slower than a default instagib, or as fast a zark rifle. If u were to decide to make it fast firing then the gametype's name technically switches from instagib to psycho instagib (PIG). FTB spent about 5 or so years supporting the PIG gametype with a server, however this was fairly recent and FTB hasnt been big enough to support it alone for a while now, so once our brothers in arms PIG clan (TwaT clan) stopped playing 2k4, FTB lost interest and stopped supporting it due to lack of players. Personally it is my favorite gametype in any ut ever (dont worry, rocket launcher CTF & DM 99 without self damage, ur #2 :D ), if VM were to choose this gametype and really got it going and managed to keep it active at night, u would get 5 or more ppl from FTB to help support right off the bat. The thing is it doesnt sound like vm's cup of tea. Low gravity, fast firing instagib with a fast trans, quad jump and infinite walldodge CTF. So im not holding my breathe or anything, but u guys r clearly looking for options i can say for certain that this option would bring in a few new/old friends (granted not on friday or sunday nights) ;)
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

=O! I'll keep this in mind if a presence is started there. You da man!!! :approvecool :approvecool

Return to “General Discussion”