How Has Covid effected you?

cancer_{HoF}
Forums Participant

How Has Covid effected you?

Post by cancer_{HoF} »

I'm guessing this continuity as many people in it from all over the world.
I wanted to know how has your life been effected.

I live in Australia got to say some towns here have not changed but it looks like the the larger towns are the ones getting
hit hard.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: How Has Covid effected you?

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

where the hell have you been lmao Covid got you coming back to UT99 hehe

my life? cant do shit anymore with anyone

working from home with my wife and kid running around has been trying

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF}
Forums Elite

Post by BIG_JAKE-}X{_{HoF} »

Just waiting for my results to get back. I run my own business so I'm just about out of money. Thank god I live with my parents or I would be fucked. My kid is driving me nuts on a daily basis which makes hard on everyone. I'm also in a small town and we don't have it nearly as bad as the big cities. We only had about 8 deaths and more people are finally starting to wear mask more often. Most stores here require a mask or don't come in. I work outside but it's now in 100 to 110 degrees which makes even tougher to work but I do what I got to do without trying to kill myself from heat stroke which happened last year. Spent the night in the hospital because I over did it. Dr told me, do that again and your dead. Definitely NOT the world I was hopping my kids had to grow up in.
Why run, you will only die tired!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Sorry to hear that RJ and Jake.

Things are very tough for a lot of folks and only going to get tougher. Even if the virus somehow becomes a non issue. I'm working and still getting plenty of hours. My job is pretty secure for what I can see.

Our county Exec keeps changing rules because there have been reported spikes in cases. We didn't have to wear masks. Then we did. Then it was optional. Now we have to again. Parks were closed, then opened, now closed again at least in the city near us (St Louis City which isn't in a County). My elderly family members are taking thing seriously and distancing themselves as they should. So my family... we're all okay. And our geographic area wasn't hit that hard. Current attitude? :Done

I hope everyone is and will continue to be well. Seriously watch your mental health. Go out and enjoy yourselves and company the best and safest way you can.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

Well, I'm the IT manager for a company in NJ, and our entire company has been working from home since I guess April? IDK, I can't remember actually. Our company has been very blessed because of what we do - PR or Public Relations. We've lost some clients but also picked up others. So, we're still running quite efficiently, I'm very happy to say. We haven't laid off anybody either. We've had to of course cut costs, but nothing we can't handle.

As for myself? I've so far, been able to avoid Covid-19. I'm still quite healthy. I have a very strong immune system. That's a big part of a person's ability to avoid Covid-19. I take a lot of supplements like Black Seed Oil, Large doses of vitamin C, Garlinase (high dose garlic extract), apple cider vinegar, quercetin (helps to inhibit the ability of the virus from entering your lung cells), high doses of vitamin D3, organic oregano oil, bone broth (probiotic), colloidal silver (anti-viral), etc.

I know, it sounds like a lot of stuff, but all of these things help to build up the immune system and provide protection against the bullshit China virus. Most of them are very powerful anti-virals. I also buy alcohol (70 percent) by the gallon and carry a few small spray bottles of it to use on my hands when I have to touch door handles or things that could possibly have not just Covid-19, but other things like Strep bacteria. I had strep throat back in January of this year. I have no idea where I picked it up from, but I was sick as dog. Horrible. Of course when I went to the doctor's, the first thing they asked me, was if I had visited China, which of course I hadn't. Fortunately, it was strep and not Covid-19. A few weeks of giant antibiotic capsules and I was back to normal.

It would wise for anyone reading this to also use some or all of what I use to help stay healthy. It keeps your immune system armed and strong. :thumbup
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

since everyone is getting into detail I thought i'd add a little more to my experience so far lol. I work in NJ as a senior systems engineer. Our company has laid a lot of people off nationwide, and offered early retirement to about 500 employees which about half took it. I've been wearing my mask in all public places.. even got my toddler to wear his.. he is 3 quite amazing he does it. Scary times right now. I hope everyone stays safe and wears a mask around others.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

I was furloughed for 2 weeks at the very beginning. I drive an Onsite Paper Shredding truck. CDL license required.

We had probably 20 guys furloughed for a while and slowly brought some back. Still 3 out and a few quit or got fired.

I cant wait till we are talking about this in past tense.

My very good friend and his wife had it from one of her coworkers. Said it was like a bad flu. They are at home AGAIN now because someone at his wife's work again has it and tested positive. So they have been on a 10 day quarantine.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

evilgrins
Forums Master

Post by evilgrins »

All public transit is free.

I work in an essential service.

Our bosses buy us free meals for working thru the pandemic.

Jaywalking has become so much easier.
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Me. Depressed. To the point if I'm even worth it anymore. I cry sometimes, it's to the point I just want to oust myself but I can't and won't because I think of my co workers, my family, you. The last time I felt this way, was before I was introduced to Unreal Tournament.

Before COVID, I was able to tear down my department, myself. Then all of a sudden, it hits. People, coming in, like waves, over and over and over and over and over and over. Can't keep up. I try, push myself, get sick, headaches. An invisible cunt eating me alive. Mentally. Beating me, to the point, that I want to oust myself. Especially when my yearly raise is only $.25. From when I started, through all the bullshit that I've been through in that year, from COVID, from what I knew then to now, all I'm worth is 25 lowsy fucking cents. Am I worth that?

But then, I turn around and say, fuck it. I just don't give a fuck. I don't care how the department looks, if shit gets done, if my boss comes down on me, I need a job, don't need them, etc. But then, I go back. The cycle repeats. Over and over and over...

Depressed. I'm starting to call off of work, because I mentally cannot take it and I get sick. Weak? No. I keep chugging every day, making sure my teammates are ok, I'm there for them, pushing them, helping them, motivating them, what's left of them, because people are quitting, getting fired, etc.

So, I come home, crank one out, shower, eat, fire up Call of Duty, and hopefully the next day will be better... and some asshat doesn't push me over the edge.

So you ask me how I am doing, there's your answer. Your Leader, leading Vulpine into the Future, is weak.. and at any given moment is about to crack.
I love what I do, I love helping people, I love my co workers, and the customers.. but when I fail, it eats me alive and when COVID broke loose, it did more mentally to me than you can imagine. I smile, I laugh, but inside, I'm hurting.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

CM, watch this movie. Classic. Guy loses his shit and just goes OFF after he gets cracked.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Yeah dude, I don't plan on doing shit like that, ha. Even though, the Joker shit has played in my mind, not happenin.

I'm tired, exhausted, drained and everything else, just like the rest of you guys, but what have I always stressed to most of you? Keep your heads up, dust yourselves off, keep moving forward and to some I'd throw in, keep the faith.

This is just another obstacle, for all of us, that we'll all conquer, in do time. But, to say this isn't taking a toll on me, would be a lie, but I keep chugging forward as I stated before. I'll go into work today, happy and chipper, making sure everyone else is doing ok and such and do my job.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:03 am
This one is for you buddy <3 :hi-wave :thumbup (and anyone else who needs it)

=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:23 am Me. Depressed. To the point if I'm even worth it anymore. I cry sometimes, it's to the point I just want to oust myself but I can't and won't because I think of my co workers, my family, you. The last time I felt this way, was before I was introduced to Unreal Tournament.

Before COVID, I was able to tear down my department, myself. Then all of a sudden, it hits. People, coming in, like waves, over and over and over and over and over and over. Can't keep up. I try, push myself, get sick, headaches. An invisible cunt eating me alive. Mentally. Beating me, to the point, that I want to oust myself. Especially when my yearly raise is only $.25. From when I started, through all the bullshit that I've been through in that year, from COVID, from what I knew then to now, all I'm worth is 25 lowsy fucking cents. Am I worth that?

But then, I turn around and say, fuck it. I just don't give a fuck. I don't care how the department looks, if shit gets done, if my boss comes down on me, I need a job, don't need them, etc. But then, I go back. The cycle repeats. Over and over and over...

Depressed. I'm starting to call off of work, because I mentally cannot take it and I get sick. Weak? No. I keep chugging every day, making sure my teammates are ok, I'm there for them, pushing them, helping them, motivating them, what's left of them, because people are quitting, getting fired, etc.

So, I come home, crank one out, shower, eat, fire up Call of Duty, and hopefully the next day will be better... and some asshat doesn't push me over the edge.

So you ask me how I am doing, there's your answer. Your Leader, leading Vulpine into the Future, is weak.. and at any given moment is about to crack.
I love what I do, I love helping people, I love my co workers, and the customers.. but when I fail, it eats me alive and when COVID broke loose, it did more mentally to me than you can imagine. I smile, I laugh, but inside, I'm hurting.
I'm sorry you're having to go through all that Candy. I wish I could offer you more sound advice than just keep chugging away at it. I don't think I speak for just myself, when I say that you can always call and speak with me, as well as other clan members. I'm always happy to chat with you. Might take a little off your mind by doing that. This whole bullshit virus thing, BLM and Antifa nonsense is not something I ever envisioned happening in my lifetime. Even so, we just have to stick together and work through it. Try to stay focused and keep gaming, because it's what you enjoy, same as me. If you need to chat, give me a call. You have my cell #. Peace brother. :thumbup
=(V)=Kevster

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=Kevster wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:25 pm
=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 1:23 am Me. Depressed. To the point if I'm even worth it anymore. I cry sometimes, it's to the point I just want to oust myself but I can't and won't because I think of my co workers, my family, you. The last time I felt this way, was before I was introduced to Unreal Tournament.

I'm sorry you're having to go through all that Candy. I wish I could offer you more sound advice than just keep chugging away at it. I don't think I speak for just myself, when I say that you can always call and speak with me, as well as other clan members. I'm always happy to chat with you. Might take a little off your mind by doing that. This whole bullshit virus thing, BLM and Antifa nonsense is not something I never envisioned happening in my lifetime. Even so, we just have to stick together and work through it. Try to stay focused and keep gaming, because it's what you enjoy, same as me. If you need to chat, give me a call. You have my cell #. Peace brother. :thumbup
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 9:33 am CM, watch this movie. Classic. Guy loses his shit and just goes OFF after he gets cracked.

great movie! need to watch ti again now!

Return to “General Discussion”