(Old News) Fortnite & Steam Hurt the New UT in Development =(

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

(Old News) Fortnite & Steam Hurt the New UT in Development =(

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Source: https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018 ... evelopment

Epic has officially downed tools on its long-in-development Unreal Tournament revival, company boss Tim Sweeney has confirmed.

It's not a huge surprise - the Fortnite maker has been rather busy focusing on its battle royal phenomenon, not to mention prepping its new PC gaming storefront to take on Steam. Still, it was thought a skeleton crew might have been aboard the Unreal Tournament ship. Alas, not.

"Unreal Tournament remains available in the store but isn't actively developed," Sweeney told Variety. It's a change in message from two months ago, when Epic admitted the game was not making much progress but, seemingly, was still in the works.

The last developer video is dated over a year ago.
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Progress on the new Unreal Tournament had been slow for some time. Originally announced back in 2014 as a project Epic would work on over time with input from its community, Unreal tournament initially only treated us to glimpses of what it might have eventually become.

In 2015, the project gained its first high-textured map. The following year, it had four.

But in 2017 Epic was still referring to the game as being in a "pre-alpha" state, even as it experimented with new features such as a Capture the Flag/Assault mashup named Flag Run.

I'd love another Unreal Tournament, but it is understandable why Epic mothballed its attempt at recreating the series' arena-based frag-happy gameplay for a new audience. Epic already has the biggest audience in the world, for Fortnite - a game whose continuous evolution is probably more interesting.

Man, I don't think there will ever be another game like UT and the mods developed here. :sigh

Lets continue keeping this fucker alive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just want to say thank you to all you UT players our there keeping this thing alive. Thank you!!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Re: (Old News) Fortnite & Steam Hurt the New UT in Development =(

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I hate to say it folks but this game is a dead ship in a very large ocean of games. Over time, this game, will just be a breeding ground for cheaters that will push out those who legitimately play, it happens in games, look at the earlier versions of call of duty.

Modders will just throw their hands up because it will just become useless to keep pushing out mods when it will do nothing on any server.

Eh. Not only that but what more as a community can we actually do? We have done it all over the years to try to keep this game interesting from the shake-ups and throwdowns, to the different gameplays and styles, to the different game nights we did on the server, to the difference edits to the RX, to the different RX, ETC. There is really nothing more we can do, me personally, I can only speak for myself, I can say that I am officially burnt out because I don't know what else I can do but to continue to try to keep the game going for those who want to continue to play it.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

ut is too dead to b flooded with hackers, even they dont bother lol. UT died back when ppl stopped using low gravity, that was one of the most unique features of this game. LGI, LG sniper ctf and LG Binslayer were by far the biggest communities this game had/will ever see.

Its inexcusable that they blew off ut to go work on fortnite, and hasnt that been done for a while now? They shoulda started working on ut again. Not that my pc could play it anyway......
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

EvolutionZero wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 12:49 pm ut is too dead to b flooded with hackers, even they dont bother lol. UT died back when ppl stopped using low gravity, that was one of the most unique features of this game. LGI, LG sniper ctf and LG Binslayer were by far the biggest communities this game had/will ever see.

Its inexcusable that they blew off ut to go work on fortnite, and hasnt that been done for a while now? They shoulda started working on ut again. Not that my pc could play it anyway......
If it's even the case that it's too dead for even hackers to even come into, then you know it's really doomed.

I never liked low grav.. but to each their own.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

Return to “General Discussion”