PC Maintenaince Thread

Need help with computer related stuff? This is their spot!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: PC Maintenaince Thread

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 7:32 pm Has anyone seen this issue with their install of Windows 11 ? : https://ibb.co/CwsBgSp

It pops up when I start UT99. I can just click the UT icon in the taskbar to make it go away, but it happens every friggin' time.

Win11 - AMD RX6700XT GPU
you uninstalled or something got corrupted from the ms store that does game overlay. similar to nvidia game overlay im thinking somethin to do with xbox stuff from microsoft.

try going to cmd and run as administrator and type "sfc /scannow" without quotes. that may repair the missing files or try to install teh microsoft in game overlay and then remove it again from the MS store

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ Yes, that's correct - I did remove all X-Box stuff. I have Win AeroTweaker on it, too. It may be a combination of the two.

I hear Win 12 is in development. They never polished 10 or 11 yet, haha.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Mon Jul 10, 2023 10:54 pm ^ Yes, that's correct - I did remove all X-Box stuff. I have Win AeroTweaker on it, too. It may be a combination of the two.

I hear Win 12 is in development. They never polished 10 or 11 yet, haha.
its prob a combination as you stated. You're already modifying windows files by using win aero and uninstalled the xbox windows app. Are you on the latest version of windows 10? Anyway installing again from the ms store will fix the issue

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!

Return to “Computer Geeks”