News from host [Repairs/Maintenance/PL,etc]

=(V)= Server 1: Rocket-X
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Packet Loss - News from host

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

good call ^^^

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

I'm getting worse lag than I did before with a ping that's staying at a constant 150+ out of the normal 60-80. I do the tracert but like we've done before it'll show up my 2 router IPs and nothing afterwards. I did speed tests to all the servers NY that speedtest.net has and hit a 30 - 40 ping each time with constant stream download and upload. So I don't know wtf the server hosts are doing but it's a big fuck up on their part at this point. I've done everything to test and make sure it's not my connection and it's not, I can play any other server and be fine and even play my XBox One normally like it always has before without any problems. Just here I can't apparently and it's quite frustrating.

Tell them to stop trying to send their servers to the moon and stay in New York for awhile.

If you want to stroke my ego, be sure to spit on it first
=(V)=Boyzel
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Boyzel »

[quote="=(V)=Kevster"]One thing I've haven't seen posted here are the disconnects? Lost connections while in game and then the connection reestablishes itself? Have seen this happen a number of times in the last week. Happened last night as well. :think[/quote

happens to me all the time!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)iper= wrote:I'm getting worse lag than I did before with a ping that's staying at a constant 150+ out of the normal 60-80. I do the tracert but like we've done before it'll show up my 2 router IPs and nothing afterwards. I did speed tests to all the servers NY that speedtest.net has and hit a 30 - 40 ping each time with constant stream download and upload. So I don't know wtf the server hosts are doing but it's a big fuck up on their part at this point. I've done everything to test and make sure it's not my connection and it's not, I can play any other server and be fine and even play my XBox One normally like it always has before without any problems. Just here I can't apparently and it's quite frustrating.

Tell them to stop trying to send their servers to the moon and stay in New York for awhile.

I submitted your ip address to our host for testing

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

viper based on your ip information I gave to our host here is what they did
Matt,

It looks like Comcast is overloading its connection to XO, on the outbound.

I've emailed Internap now to have them try a different NSP and see if that will help him.

Thanks,
John
Founder/President

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

I'm probably better off getting my own separate internet. Shame on me for thinking business class would be an awesome idea lol

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

business class should give you priority.. anyway how has the server been lately?

=(V)=]v[yster
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=]v[yster »

tbh I hopped on about an hour ago and things were very jumpy jittery. Other players with pings 50 - 150'ish commented it was laggy for them, though people's pings weren't out of whack, and I didn't notice any PL on the scoreboard. Everything else was working great, just a couple spikes here and there.
=(V)=Prince Vegeta
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Prince Vegeta »

Internap? no wonder, sleeping on the job.

ba da bing. I will be here all week folks.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

internap does suck ass level 3 or nothing

=(V)iper=
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)iper= »

I still get my 145 constant at times then it drops back down to normal. I've grown use to it so when it happens I just sit back and IG/defend

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

I played yesterday and it seems like my ping went back to normal (80-99), It was at (150-170) the last time.
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Re: News from host [Repairs/Maintenance/PL,etc]

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Host:NFO wrote: DDoSes against a customer in NYC
DDoS attacks against all of one customer's IP addresses in NYC, in turn, caused repeated brief packet loss problems around 2:10am EST because Internap's internal network links were being saturated with the traffic before automatic null-routes kicked in.

As always, we are handling these attacks and taking steps to reduce the impact of future ones. Attacks tend to come in waves and rise and fall in intensity over time as the kids launching them gain and lose resources, and we continue to gain resources.

This same customer has been attacked at other locations as well. The attacks are larger than most that we see.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

hmm so its not us specifically. Its another server on our same box.

what I don't get is if this is a repeat customer that gets attacked maybe I should petition for them to be removed from our server. its not fair that we have to suffer because some script kiddie got banned and is mad at another game server.

=(V)=D/\SH
Colonel

Post by =(V)=D/\SH »

13 years ago.....ya coulda did that RJ
but server slot priority for UT99 .....is at the lowest of the totem polls

so i highly doubt they will accommodate such a request
but you are 100 % correct in it not being fair
in fact..it just outright sucks .....cause our money is just as good as everyone elses

boo to them i say..boo to them

Return to “Server 1 - =(V)= R O C K E T - X8 - www.vulpinemission.com”