No Shave November

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

No Shave November

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Starts tomorrow..
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=MangaGate
Forums Elite

Re: No Shave November

Post by =(V)=MangaGate »

I took part last year, sadly this year since I've gotten older this shit comes in faster then it did last year. I wont be taking part this time, I've started to get annoyed with my facial hair haha.

sig by D/\SH

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

I have a job I cant do it

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I never understood that, what does it matter if someone has a job or not? I mean, I've seen some guys that have a lot more facial hair than us and they are working and are able to do it in a professional manner.

What does looks have to do with how someone does their job?
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

The only thing my husband can do for it is not shave his mustache. Beards aren't allowed in the Air Force.

Signature by Dash. Thank you!
Zachary
Forums Elite

Post by Zachary »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote:I have a job I cant do it

This.
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=_The_Greek_ »

I haven't put a blade on my face since I left the army. My beard grows too quickly and I hate the memory of having to wake up every single morning earlier than everyone else to shave. So for the last 6 years I have only used a trimmer on my face, every 3-4 days. Is the no-shave November for a charity cause or smt or is it just a random thing that men came up with?
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=CandyMan wrote:I never understood that, what does it matter if someone has a job or not? I mean, I've seen some guys that have a lot more facial hair than us and they are working and are able to do it in a professional manner.

What does looks have to do with how someone does their job?

work in a corporate environment in NYC where everyone is a professional and has to dress in shirt and tie every day accept today.... Fridays weee!

so basically if I had a grisly adams beard I would pretty much be fired or something

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=_The_Greek_ wrote:I haven't put a blade on my face since I left the army. My beard grows too quickly and I hate the memory of having to wake up every single morning earlier than everyone else to shave. So for the last 6 years I have only used a trimmer on my face, every 3-4 days. Is the no-shave November for a charity cause or smt or is it just a random thing that men came up with?

takes me 5 min to shave.. what do u shave your whole body? :laugh :laugh :peace

=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

We had to wake up at 6 every morning and by 6.15 we had to make our beds, put the uniform on, take our rifles and be out ready to get counted. Trying to shave during those 15 minutes while about 100 soldiers were waiting to use the 10 sinks we had, was just impossible. So unfortunately I had to wake up earlier. I hated the army. Being stuck in a place, against your will for 2 years is really an awful thing. But at least I got some really intensive lessons on how fucked up real life is.
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

Where were you at that is was as strict as that? I only know of it being that way for U.S. military when they're in basic training, maybe technical training school, but that's it. While we've been based in England, the Airmen go to work as if it's a normal job. I imagine it's only different if you get deployed, but that isn't all service members, and 6 months is usually the longest your deployed for. Even then, I don't think it's as strict as training was, at least that's according to my two friends that were deployed.

I suppose the Greek military is just different. *shrug*

Also, when I say 'strict' I mean the time they get to do anything. If service members aren't married and live on base, they either have their own room or share it with one other, but they have a bathroom and kitchen in their room. Depending on your shift, it still functions like a normal job. You get up when you need to, to do what you have to in order to get ready for the day. They do have regulations as far as appearances though, but the time restrictions and all that are only specific to the basic and technical training, and it's more basic training. That's only 8 weeks though, and then they do technical training which the length is based on the job they're training for, and then they go to their permanent base.

40&fun
Forums Elite

Post by 40&fun »

I will par take in this venture. Not imply or suggest everyone should or should not. It is understandable that some professions do not allow for persons to look unkempt, regardless of nature. example: If you own your own ship, you run it the way you wan't, if not! you run it the way (The owner wants). Just a thought:)
Success Is The Best Revenge!

Denny
DeM

Post by DeM »

How you can say bad things about the army???? here they need wake up 4:30,5:00 in the morning....here always the morning is so cold...so they need take a shower in group...eat a bad food...run some kms make much exercise...work in the camp....work in the mines...and earn a few...
=(V)=_The_Greek_
Pilot First Class

@Pie, I was born in Cyprus so that's where I had to go to the army. But I did spend a few months in Greece as well. It all depends on where you are located. In Cyprus there is a big problem with Turkey. There was a war between the two countries in 1974 and Turkey is still occupying half of the island. Between the two halves there is ''border'' that is called the Dead Zone, since both sides have the right to shoot if anyone enters there. For the first 6 months I had to go through basic training and then I had to do ''specialize'' in another area. Usually after that things get better. Unfortunately for me, I was assigned at the border between the two sides. Myself and 4 others lived in a small house and we were responsible to guard an area of about 10 miles, 24/7. So they were quite strict with us there. During the last months I was taken back to the military camp and given an office job and things there were much better. Still, an absolute waste of two of the best years of my life. No person IMO, should be forced to go to the military, unless it is their own choice.
=(V)=Pie
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Pie »

I definitely agree that no one should be forced to join the military. To be honest, how can you expect someone to truly fight for their country if they don't want to be in the military in the first place?

The U.S. definitely makes it look like a better 'profession' to join, because they treat you decently, at least it seems that way in comparison to other countries. The only downside is that most who join the military in the U.S. aren't joining to fight for their country, but for more 'job security' since they offer health insurance and pay well enough. My husband joined because it was our last resort. Unemployment was too high in Vegas, and with his lack of experience, he couldn't even get a first job, anywhere, even McDonalds. I couldn't get more than part time, so no insurance, and no way for us to live on our own. So, he researched the different military branches before landing on Air Force. If the military was treated like they are in some countries, or had to work in the conditions you did, I wouldn't have let my husband join. I still think you should join to fight for your country, but sometimes, you don't have a choice. It's worked out for us, and my husband takes the oath seriously that he had to repeat when he joined. He's willing to take a bullet for any of his fellow Airmen, even if that's not why he initially joined, he will still fight as if it was why he initially joined.

I definitely have more respect for you, Greek, to go through all that. I'm sorry it didn't work out for you in a real positive way though.

Return to “General Discussion”