=(V)= Gaming Community Discord Information

Join us on discord! https://discord.gg/Uxgy62w
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Re: DISCORD INFORMATION

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Discord now has a level of protection, meaning, those not assigned to a group on the server, any messages sent from that person, will be scanned and/or removed if deemed inappropriate.

Those part of a group are safe.

I'm also contemplating enabling another level of security to the max, meaning, people who want to join our server will have to have a phone associated with the account (just so you don't get freaked out, your telephone number will not be public or viewable to anyone in the discord server, just you). The only reason I want to enable this, is just in case we happen to ban someone from our server, it would be very hard for them to get around that ban, if that level of security is enabled. Anyone is eligible to come in, since we are practically a public server but that doesn't mean we're going to have it open for any possible threats either. (This is still being considered, if I happen to enable this option, I will be sure to notify you in this topic)

If I do enable it, those assigned to the group are safe, it's only for newcomers that will have to associate a phone number with their account. Associating a phone number with their account also gives them the privileges to text, until they associate a number, they won't be able to text in a DM or in the public chat.

To the User named FBI and has several accounts under that name: I don't know who you are and don't care who you are, you're more than welcomed to come into the server but I will not add you to, minimal, the Guest Group until you verify who you are to me in a message. The "good job" message and leaving discord isn't going to get you anywhere.

Also, you might want to do that quick before the 15th of June or all your accounts will be removed from our Discord. Don't come crying to me if that happens, since this is your only warning (maybe 2nd, if you're considering the post above as 1?). :)
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

If you can you look up IP info in discord you can join UT and do a search to see who it is. (Last I looked I couldn't see IP info). And I'm not sure if there is an IP lookup function on the forum here. I know you can see peoples IP's but as for typing and searching... I didn't see one when I last looked. -- Just ideas if interested.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:39 am If you can you look up IP info in discord you can join UT and do a search to see who it is. (Last I looked I couldn't see IP info). And I'm not sure if there is an IP lookup function on the forum here. I know you can see peoples IP's but as for typing and searching... I didn't see one when I last looked. -- Just ideas if interested.
To answer your question, there is no way, as of yet, to look up other people's IPs. The ONLY option we have, is to look up the USER ID, which IMO, is useless. For instance, we'll use mine as an example, this is what a user ID looks like:

When you put that in google chrome, it cannot find what we're searching for. Bans, by default, ban the users IP and account. I would explain further but I'll let look for yourself. If you can access the Server Settings, by clicking on the name of the server at the top or right clicking the VM logo on the left, go to the bans and read that little note they added at the top.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

As of now, I do have a verification level set to LOW, meaning, those NOT associated with a group on Discord (meaning newcomers) will have to have a verified email before they can text.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

The text channel called cars and coffee has been renamed to random vids...

The reason for the rename is those who used that channel previously are no longer occupying the channel/server. Plus, due to me being unable to watch FB vids, I'll be able to post them in that channel for viewing purposes.

Anyone can post in it, just understand that the EXPLICIT CONTENT FILTER has been raised to SCAN ALL MESSAGES SENT BY ALL MEMBERS. Meaning, and it's quite simple and logical, any videos that are explicit will not be shown in this channel OR any of the other texting channels for that matter.

Please, let's not attempt to test this out, let's focus on not pushing the limits, lol.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Word. This discord stuff keeps getting better and better :cool
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 pm
DISCORD PURGE:
As I stated in a post (either a page or two back?), twice a year I will do a pruning ("purge") of the Discord server. The only people affected is those who are not assigned to a group that haven't been on the Discord server longer than 30 days.

If you're account isn't assigned to a group (Guests, Members, Management or Co Leader) and you want to be assigned to one of those (depending on who are you, lol), just DM me on Discord, PM me on the forums, etc.

When I do the pruning, option 30 days, will be selected. Meaning, as of now, 21 members of our Discord server, will be removed. That DOES NOT mean you can't rejoin, just come back here and get the invite code.

I will most likely do it sometime on the 15th of June.

Again, it only affects those who aren't part of a group and have been inactive for more than 30 days.

I'm going to contact Discord to see if custom bots (VMBot) are effected by this as well, if they are, I will take the appropriate measures to make sure it's not removed. (unless someone wants to confirm that for me that has used Discord for awhile [MANGA :P]) Then again, it could be classified as active on the server, so it may not be affected either way but to be sure, I'll find a way for someone to confirm.

REMIND: Pruning only works on members who don't have roles assigned to them.
2 Days...

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

I did contact Discord about the VMBot and it being possibly removed when I do the prune, this is the response:
[+] Spoiler}
Hi Coty Knapp,

Thanks for reaching out!

Pruning only kicks users that haven't been online for 1, 7, or 30 days ago. If your bot's been Online ever since, you can rest assured that it'll not be kicked when you prune your members. Besides, users without a role will only be pruned.

Hope that helps. Keep me posted if you have any other questions or concerns!

Cheers,
Josh
That's what I figured but just wanted to be sure.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:54 pm
=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 10:44 pm
DISCORD PURGE:
As I stated in a post (either a page or two back?), twice a year I will do a pruning ("purge") of the Discord server. The only people affected is those who are not assigned to a group that haven't been on the Discord server longer than 30 days.

If you're account isn't assigned to a group (Guests, Members, Management or Co Leader) and you want to be assigned to one of those (depending on who are you, lol), just DM me on Discord, PM me on the forums, etc.

When I do the pruning, option 30 days, will be selected. Meaning, as of now, 21 members of our Discord server, will be removed. That DOES NOT mean you can't rejoin, just come back here and get the invite code.

I will most likely do it sometime on the 15th of June.

Again, it only affects those who aren't part of a group and have been inactive for more than 30 days.

I'm going to contact Discord to see if custom bots (VMBot) are effected by this as well, if they are, I will take the appropriate measures to make sure it's not removed. (unless someone wants to confirm that for me that has used Discord for awhile [MANGA :P]) Then again, it could be classified as active on the server, so it may not be affected either way but to be sure, I'll find a way for someone to confirm.

REMIND: Pruning only works on members who don't have roles assigned to them.
2 Days...
Sometime tomorrow, anytime after midnight, I will prune the Discord Server.

I will update when the prune has been done. Remember, I will select the 30 day option and anyone inactive on the server, will be removed. That does not mean you can't come back, if you're part of a group in the discord server, you will not be affected.

As of right now, 21 inactive accounts will be removed.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

TIME: 12:07 AM EST

21 ACCOUNTS WHO HAVE BEEN INACTIVE FOR 30+ DAYS HAVE BEEN PRUNED.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Color indexes upgraded on Discord to the forum colors...

You may or may not see a difference but I took the palette colors from the forums and put them in the custom area of Discord to change our colors to how they are on the forums.

For instance, color FF3333 for Members on the forum is now FF3333 on Discord, for the =(V)= Member Group.

It may or may not look like the same colors as the forum but the code has been copied and pasted from the forum to discord.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Pretty Princess Lounge has been moved to under the members and guests category.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

We’d like to introduce the next coolest thing since the friends tab: The Games Tab

Discord is built to bring people around games. The games tab shows all the gaming going on amongst your friends and servers into a single view. This way, like an eagle, you can stalk your prey and CACAAAAAWAAWWAAWWWWW. Uh, I mean, dive right into some GAMING CACAAAAW.

Of course it wouldn't be a Discord Feature without a new video!

We hope you like it! Tell us what you think. If you want to know more about the Games Tab, check out our Help Article.

=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

Introducing the Games tab! See what's going on in your Discord universe - games being played, news on games you play, Spotify listening parties, and more. Read our help article to get the full scoop.
Invite links for Group DMs now exist because they should.
You can also make empty Group DMs and start tossin out invites like you're a promoter to a an indie concert that no one really wants to go to but will because what else are they gonna do on a Tuesday night out in the BIG CIIIITTYYYY.
@everyone messages will now warn you and ask if you really want to send that message. People who reserve @everyone for truly important reasons have greater success later in life.
Colorblind mode begins! User statuses are no longer a secret for humans with different configurations. Turn this feature on in User Settings -> Appearance. You asked for this!
When set to Japanese, Korean, or Chinese, Discord's font will look more consistent and better like my three pointer. Jake didn't know what a three pointer was so here's a Wikipedia link for Jake.
Changing input or output device now makes a BEEP bEEP beep.
B1nzy did not have anything to add. Smh.

Return to “Discord Server”