For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: For Anyone Having Issues/Problems With Another Player

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Stample wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 8:03 pm
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:19 pm imagine if the dutch players still played they all had 200 pings and would wreck us all

edit: they had better pings actually so i take that back i think 125 was the highest. Still thats a shitty ping
Those guys really were something else, I think they would give me a serious run for my money had they kept playing all this time. I was lucky enough to catch one of them revisiting the server a few years ago and got to decimate him in a 1v1. Shame he never came back after that.

In regards to wirrow, he is a lame ass, and you all are pretty much correct when you state the damage he does to server. But all of the claims I've heard regarding the legitimacy of his play are downright delusional. Not a single time in my thousands of hours played with him have I experienced him being "invulnerable" or anything of the sort. He is probably the most difficult player in rx for me to kill, and he does narrowly avoid dying in situations most other players would. It can be frustrating, but its all very possible to do, and I don't attribute it to his lag.

My problem with wirrow is his abuse of the cookie system. He waits in spec at the start of the game, lets the teams balance, then joins as an extra instantly disrupting the balance. Not only does this prevent him from getting a weaker team due to high cookie count the way he should, but it ends up with him up a player pretty much every game. Considering the skill gap between him and the rest of the server, I have to imagine that wins him almost every game if I'm not in the server. It's still not enough for him to beat me, but it requires me to tryhard and that empties the server even faster than wirrow.

UT is growing rather than decaying for the first time in over a decade. Other communities are experiencing revivals, CTF and Assault pugs are at an all time high for the 2020s. New players are a legitimate possibility, and it is true that wirrow will chase many of these new players off. This is secondary however, to the main problem preventing new players for us. Other communities do not take us seriously, because the instant any player skilled in other game modes comes to rx, they get blasted and called a cheater. I have talked to dozens at this point who won't touch our servers and ask why I'm associated with a toxic cesspool of noobs who scream cheat after 30 seconds of getting killed. Wirrow stops new players to UT from sticking around for rx, but you lot screaming about him do even more damage by stopping existing UT players from having any respect for our community or game mode.

Wirrow may in fact be banned, simply because I'm tired of him stacking teams and killing the server as a result. I doubt anyone has objections to this. It will not be perma but he needs to understand he cannot just do whatever he wants and that rules do exist.
im good with a ban but hopefully the rest of management is in agreement

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

If someone is violating rules i myself am in agreement. Give the a-hole a chance and do a couple week or couple month ban or something. Be sure to give him the reason.

I just don't ever see that when I play with him. And when I do for example see him go to spec. It's for a long time then comes back in after majority of game or he sits out.. just for example.

If anything we can also add a rule that says something about unsportsmanlike like behavior because he would definelty violate that.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

I think Slagg warned him not to use a speed hack, and if he continues to use it, he'll be banned. Wirrow is a very large PITA but I've been able to gain some momentum against him. I have a lot of bandwidth. I've been able to shoot him down. He gets pissed and leaves after a while. He's very bothersome to many of the other players, for the reasons mentioned. I have no trouble with how he's handled because he's not good for the server and the crowd we play with, but more importantly as Stample mentioned, UT is growing again. We need to continue that growth. Without Wirrow, we'll continue to bring in more (quality) players.

Return to “General Discussion”