24%
Fuck yo' couch!
28%

Total votes: 29

=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Re: Poll to remove ACE

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

(Sode note. So dont derail conversation. Mayb if the weapon swap can be used to try NO IG for a few weeks)
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Toxic
Forums Participant

Post by Toxic »

=(V)=Abigor wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:22 pm im gonna stir shit up and just say its cuz of the candyman and boyzel fight lol
Those two noobs aren't important enough.

:boxing :sign-owned
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

2odonu.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=Chromatic Death
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=Chromatic Death »

Here are my two cents.

One of the reasons I stopped playing is that insta-gibbers would tag people out of the sky regardless of your skills and or total commitment state, it would sometimes become unplayable. I liked RX/SLV the way it was before there was Instagib. Now that this is the only server left of RX and having Instagib really kills the vibe for RX.

I would say leave ACE as it reduces the possibility of a cheater being on at once. Granted some may circumvent, the less experienced cheaters/programmers will always get caught in the net with ACE.

If Linux is to be a concern, simply setup dual booting. It's easy, I've done it, and Ubuntu has documentation on setting that up. I'm a proud user of Arch Linux and have it setup to dual boot with Windows 10. I lean to windows 10 for all gaming needs, and linux to my web design/linux stuff needs.
"You have all the powers in your world, but in reality, you will have to adapt to the limitations."
-Chromatic Death(Aric)
=(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\
Forums Master

Post by =(\/)=_\/3|\|0/\/\ »

The question is how much further are we gonna dumb down gameplay? Removing the ig is a terrible idea and will probably hurt more than help.

Fun fact: you can do the same thing with a sniper rifle, even using it in flight, do we remove that too?

We have:
Spawn protection
Translocators
Jets with essentially no hull
Jets that are wildly faster than previous incarnations
Jets that have no slide
Missiles that can be easily avoided when locked
Missiles that lock on a target in mid flight

All of these are concessions made for rx players and they still want more, when does it stop? What does it take for people to reflect on how they play and that it may be the part of the problem?
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=Toxic wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:56 pm I voted for it to stay. Ace isn't why the server is dead. Part of the reason the server is dead is because we lost players over having so many never miss insta gibbers, to the point it wasn't really even an RX server anymore. What really caused the server traffic to go down recently was the recent popularity of the sniper server. Most of our day time players that normally populated the RX server were sitting on the sniper server all day. That's great if we were a sniper clan, but it was killing the RX server. I can't even count how many times I tried to play RX and no one was on, but they were in the sniper server. I tried sitting in the RX server. but I didn't have time to do that every day. There just simply isn't enough active players to split between the two servers and keep them both populated without recruiting more players. Especially when the players on the sniper server were actually the ones who played earlier in the day on the RX server and helped keep it active. This helped get others joining to play earlier than we now see. That is my observation. I'm sure by looking at the votes that ACE is coming off of the server, but there is a lot more issues than just ACE if the RX server is to be more populated again.
Do not agree one bit sorry bud. I was gonna pick apart the post, and prove it all wrong, but I already made my points in my first post.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

Its been 2 years since I started playing RX. I think it's just natural attrician overall . The game is about to be 20 years old. TWO DECADES. TWENTY YEARS. It's almost able to drink. That's a long time.

ACE has caught zero people. So then our mood swings in calling people cheaters and bringing back ACE is over until the next time we mood swing back.

We need ideas to bring more people here. :vmrocks
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

Abigor
Pilot First Class

Post by Abigor »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am We need ideas to bring more people here. :vmrocks
naked pics of the admins
=(V)=CandyMan
Forums Master

Post by =(V)=CandyMan »

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am Its been 2 years since I started playing RX. I think it's just natural attrician overall . The game is about to be 20 years old. TWO DECADES. TWENTY YEARS. It's almost able to drink. That's a long time.

ACE has caught zero people. So then our mood swings in calling people cheaters and bringing back ACE is over until the next time we mood swing back.

Every couple years we have to do a fresh new thing to keep things entertaining. First it was the translocator, then it was RX8, now what do we do? The game to me is getting stale. We're the last remaining RX Community around, and that's the problem, now we have to do everything we can to keep the traffic and entertainment, whether you're an RX/IG/NW player, we should welcome all players.
Co-Leader of the Vulpine Mission branch(es) in War Thunder and Call of Duty.
My tags are: =VM19=Coty2255 and |VM|TH3 J0K3R

More games and divisions are coming soon...

=(V)=Blade_Runner
Forums Participant

Post by =(V)=Blade_Runner »

instagib is not problems so to speak there is instagiber in game and good one wile ace is running the trouble is it the one that come when ace was not on 6 months ago or what ever were it was impossible to hit any of them but they manage to hit you with out fail no matter what you try to avoid them yet since ace was put back on it been diffrent just my take but as i said ill go with whatever people chose to vote for :)
Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

There was 17 players last night, I don't get it?
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

Nyx wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:49 pm There was 17 players last night, I don't get it?
yeah for how long? its 4pm est and the server is dead. hopefully by 6pm we will get 2 players who join and the server will be fullish for about 4 hours then die again.

look closely at the 24 hour stats there is about a 3-4 hour window of server action then its dead the rest of the 18-20 hours in a day.

btw we used to be ranked 9th.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
Nyx
Forums Master

Post by Nyx »

Problem is no one joins until someone sits on the server and it gets boring fast waiting on players, plus these hours sucks for eu players as the server gets full when it's 5am for me.
=(V)=Kevster
Pilot First Class - Contributor

Post by =(V)=Kevster »

=(V)=CandyMan wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 2:06 pm
=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:42 am Its been 2 years since I started playing RX. I think it's just natural attrician overall . The game is about to be 20 years old. TWO DECADES. TWENTY YEARS. It's almost able to drink. That's a long time.

Every couple years we have to do a fresh new thing to keep things entertaining. First it was the translocator, then it was RX8, now what do we do? The game to me is getting stale. We're the last remaining RX Community around, and that's the problem, now we have to do everything we can to keep the traffic and entertainment, whether you're an RX/IG/NW player, we should welcome all players.
The last remaining RX community can a bad thing and a good thing. Bad, because it's a last-ditch effort to keep UT99 alive. Good, because we're unique in that we are the only RX community left and therefore still offer other than just basic UT99 gameplay. :thumbup
EvolutionZero
V.I.P.

Post by EvolutionZero »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 8:33 am
=(V)=Toxic wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:56 pm I voted for it to stay. Ace isn't why the server is dead. Part of the reason the server is dead is because we lost players over having so many never miss insta gibbers, to the point it wasn't really even an RX server anymore. What really caused the server traffic to go down recently was the recent popularity of the sniper server. Most of our day time players that normally populated the RX server were sitting on the sniper server all day. That's great if we were a sniper clan, but it was killing the RX server. I can't even count how many times I tried to play RX and no one was on, but they were in the sniper server. I tried sitting in the RX server. but I didn't have time to do that every day. There just simply isn't enough active players to split between the two servers and keep them both populated without recruiting more players. Especially when the players on the sniper server were actually the ones who played earlier in the day on the RX server and helped keep it active. This helped get others joining to play earlier than we now see. That is my observation. I'm sure by looking at the votes that ACE is coming off of the server, but there is a lot more issues than just ACE if the RX server is to be more populated again.
Do not agree one bit sorry bud. I was gonna pick apart the post, and prove it all wrong, but I already made my points in my first post.
Theres not rly much to disagree about. ppl cant b on 2 servers at once (well they can, but its stupid :D ), as such, ether they r one place or the other. If they start liking the new stuff then they dont spend as much time on the old stuff. Now idk if its true that all the old rx players r the one playing on the sniper server or not, im just stating a simple scientific point. More servers + no new ppl = spreading the population thin (unless no one spends time on the new servers, which doesnt apply here (meaning they do) or u have all/majority of the population spend more time on the new server). Like i said tho i dont know the specifics so i cant say "oh ya this is whats happening", im just explaining how it works without variables :) . U cant spend more time 1 place without subtracting time spent on another.

Return to “Server 1 - =(V)= R O C K E T - X8 - www.vulpinemission.com”