New Monsterhunt version on server.

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Re: New Monsterhunt version on server.

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:22 pm Also, the little aliens HP is quite high, they used to get one shot by the red weapon but now they're tanky as hell, and their damage needs to be nerfed by like 25% too.

Maybe you can copy paste the monsters stats from the original map that way you don't get frustrated with changing HP/Damage values all the time ?
I think I found the issue, The scaling of health it's being done multiple times, will be fixed on next version.
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:22 pm for this one, the weapons used to not be there at the start of the fight, but when you kill the monsters they drop them, and the FPS issues began when all of the monsters died and their dropped weapons caused lag, so it's not a new issue now.

And also, in that room in the screenshot, there are 2 types of monsters, one with the IG and the others with freezers (NW3), but the ones with freezers used to be another type of monsters and not those we have now, so i guess you can look why some monsters get replaced by new ones in this new version ? because it can be that these new ones have better stats than old ones so it can lead to the same HP/Damage issue stated above.
He is right about the pickups not being there before. Before the FPS issues began only when monsters died and dropped the weapons. Now is always.
I have to fix that, and will make that if a monsters drops a weapon and there are multiple weapons of the same kind close it will not be dropped.

About the new monsters. I have checked with old version and they are the same? Dont know what new monsters you are talking about.
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:22 pm idk about this one maybe the guy has dementia or something, but the health kegs are the same as before i'm sure. the only difference now is that they spawn faster which is a good change.
I think the only thing I did was made it a bit bigger lol. But he does says its fine, the only thing is that for some kegs Health go to 10000 and others to 9999. Both kegs will go with the latter in next version.
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

New version 004

[FIXED] Multiple calls to setPawnDifficult. (Created high HP and high aggressiveness)
[FIXED] Prevent monsters from attacking just by being close. (They can still attack you if you make noise)
[FIXED] Remove relevancy on some objects. (Should not lag as much)
[FIXED] On some maps the weapon of the monster also spawned as a pickup.
[ADDED] Added option to use damagescaling (Now off)
[ADDED] Added some more NetUpdateFrequency tweaks.
[CHANGED] Monsters now load on startup. (as default)
[CHANGED] Changed NetUpdateFrequency on ScriptedPawns.
[CHANGED] Limit health to 9999 on hud.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:36 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:22 pm Also, the little aliens HP is quite high, they used to get one shot by the red weapon but now they're tanky as hell, and their damage needs to be nerfed by like 25% too.

Maybe you can copy paste the monsters stats from the original map that way you don't get frustrated with changing HP/Damage values all the time ?
I think I found the issue, The scaling of health it's being done multiple times, will be fixed on next version.
i tested it again and they're still a bit tanky but atleast doable now, like i said before they used to get one shot but idk, if you can't set them exactely like they were before it's fine, i guess the scaling goes for all monsters now, so it would be a headache to set each monster's health/damage, hence why i suggested maybe if you can copy their stats from old version to avoid the headache, but idk if that's how it works even lol
=(V)=Mar wrote: Fri Aug 04, 2023 9:36 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Thu Aug 03, 2023 10:22 pm for this one, the weapons used to not be there at the start of the fight, but when you kill the monsters they drop them, and the FPS issues began when all of the monsters died and their dropped weapons caused lag, so it's not a new issue now.

And also, in that room in the screenshot, there are 2 types of monsters, one with the IG and the others with freezers (NW3), but the ones with freezers used to be another type of monsters and not those we have now, so i guess you can look why some monsters get replaced by new ones in this new version ? because it can be that these new ones have better stats than old ones so it can lead to the same HP/Damage issue stated above.
He is right about the pickups not being there before. Before the FPS issues began only when monsters died and dropped the weapons. Now is always.
I have to fix that, and will make that if a monsters drops a weapon and there are multiple weapons of the same kind close it will not be dropped.

About the new monsters. I have checked with old version and they are the same? Dont know what new monsters you are talking about.
yea i said the same thing as him lol, maybe you got confused when i said it's not a new issue now, i was talking specifically about the weapons dropped from monsters causing FPS issues, the fix you did would be good for that then :thumbup

as for the new monsters, i was just trying to figure out why they hit pretty hard now, and thought they were replaced with new monsters, but i guess it's just the scaling issue, need to check with Ghost on that one cuz i dont play that map often but he does lol

Thank youuu ~~
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

its so amazing seeing new development again on V servers and with great feedback and help from the community <3

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Also added a fix for NW3 Overresurrector. It should not crash your UT now.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Played a little last night working amazing!!

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

Mar : Thanks for being you, man. :)

:flying1

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Version 005
[Fixed] Accessed none on ScriptedPawn.SetEnemy.
[Fixed] Accessed none on SpecialEvent.PlayAmbientSoundEffect
[Fixed] Crash when using FindRandomDest() native function.
[Fixed] Relics of Defense and strength removed ShieldBelt and Power-up if picked.
[Fixed] Spectator issues on some maps.
[Added] Direction Of Damage in HUD. You will now see an arrow from the direction you were hit.
[Added] Event history board. Now you can see past events of what happened on map. (F2 key)
[Added] Translator events (from Unreal) are now visible on HUD.
[Changed] When receiving 0 of damage do not show damaged effect on HUD.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

I managed to crash the server with this map :laugh

Thank you Mar ~~
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

I crashed it multiple times with the Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade map.

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:00 pm I managed to crash the server with this map :laugh

Thank you Mar ~~
This is a new one :cow6

Code: Select all

Critical: appError called:
Critical: NWUtils None (Function NWCoreVIII.NWUtils.getNWMutator:0057) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Log file closed, 08/14/23 21:58:13
-
=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:06 pm I crashed it multiple times with the Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade map.
Couldnt find a recent crash. Approximately when did this happened?

-

Also I am trying to fix that our server provider restarts the server because they think it's offline.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

=(V)=Mar wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:28 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 10:00 pm I managed to crash the server with this map :laugh

Thank you Mar ~~
This is a new one :cow6

Code: Select all

Critical: appError called:
Critical: NWUtils None (Function NWCoreVIII.NWUtils.getNWMutator:0057) Runaway loop detected (over 10000000 iterations)
Exit: Executing UObject::StaticShutdownAfterError
Exit: Exiting.
Log: Log file closed, 08/14/23 21:58:13
-
=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Mon Aug 14, 2023 11:06 pm I crashed it multiple times with the Indiana Jones and The Last Crusade map.
Couldnt find a recent crash. Approximately when did this happened?

-

Also I am trying to fix that our server provider restarts the server because they think it's offline.
I can disable that lmk

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 1:42 pm I can disable that lmk
I think it's a good feature, don't disable it. Will try to fix it, I did some changes to XServerQuery because I think that one is the culprit.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

In some maps, i notice that there is like 2000 monsters left to kill, but they spawn so slowly that it will take ages to kill them all, literally impossible, idk what fix would be better, to make them spawn faster, or in bigger numbers? (because in some maps they only spawn one by one), or maybe reduce the monsters left to kill to something reasonable ?
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:19 pm In some maps, i notice that there is like 2000 monsters left to kill, but they spawn so slowly that it will take ages to kill them all, literally impossible, idk what fix would be better, to make them spawn faster, or in bigger numbers? (because in some maps they only spawn one by one), or maybe reduce the monsters left to kill to something reasonable ?
I think that is more of mappers fault, maybe he didn't intend for all monster to be finished and just to continue the map normally.
What map is this? Sometimes there are versions of maps fixed.

Return to “Mods, Coding & Programs”