New Monsterhunt version on server.

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Re: New Monsterhunt version on server.

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Changed the start map from MH-SuperMarioBros2009 to MH-[SCF]_Reset.
This map is only an empty square with END on the center, so that it can finish the map and start voting.

I can see that sometimes server crashes on map change. But no log is created, at least is only on map change.

-
Also what do you guys think about making another MonsterHunt server but normal weapons?
I see that most populated MH servers are normal weapons. (Just throwing ideas)
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

Post by Cross_Eyed_Noob »

=(V)=Mar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 12:07 pm
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Tue Aug 15, 2023 8:19 pm In some maps, i notice that there is like 2000 monsters left to kill, but they spawn so slowly that it will take ages to kill them all, literally impossible, idk what fix would be better, to make them spawn faster, or in bigger numbers? (because in some maps they only spawn one by one), or maybe reduce the monsters left to kill to something reasonable ?
I think that is more of mappers fault, maybe he didn't intend for all monster to be finished and just to continue the map normally.
What map is this? Sometimes there are versions of maps fixed.
ah i see, i didn't keep the maps name in mind but i will report them here from now on :thumbup

the thing is, it's confusing for new players who dont know about that "bug" or w/e we want to call it, because one time, i finished the map early with alot of monsters left, and the other player was like why did you finish early :laugh , i mean he's right and it's even the only big rule showing at the start of maps xD, but he didn't know that we can't kill all the monsters left due the "bug" mentionned earlier.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 1:54 pm Changed the start map from MH-SuperMarioBros2009 to MH-[SCF]_Reset.
This map is only an empty square with END on the center, so that it can finish the map and start voting.

I can see that sometimes server crashes on map change. But no log is created, at least is only on map change.

-
Also what do you guys think about making another MonsterHunt server but normal weapons?
I see that most populated MH servers are normal weapons. (Just throwing ideas)
i think the crash that happens when changing maps is because sometimes a map can't load because it's missing some files so it switches to another one ?

as for the normal weapon MH, maybe it will attract new players who knows, i myself like the NW3 weapons alot more with MH, but wouldn't mind playing NW if there's company there :thumbup

tbh, the thing with some MH maps is that, they are created for a specific server setting, so when we play them here they are "broken", because obviously you can't play them properly with the settings we have here. sometimes it's just little thing as like, a map is in series, so when you get to the last part of the part1 map, there is a teleport that will teleport you to part2, but then in our server, you get an error message because we dont have the other parts, or sometimes, it's just literally map breaking, because you can't get something to work or some item from old weapons, so you're juste stuck lul
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:45 pm i think the crash that happens when changing maps is because sometimes a map can't load because it's missing some files so it switches to another one ?
When map changes and it's missing files server creates a log for this (as it's handled by engine) but this crashes are not normal as we dont get logs. And the crash I saw happen was when we voted for MH-()mg-Crazy and that map is working fine if you vote for it again.
I believe there is some crash either with XC_Engine or 469c when after a long map is played the next map you vote will crash when changing map.
But it's hard to debug without logs.
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:45 pm tbh, the thing with some MH maps is that, they are created for a specific server setting, so when we play them here they are "broken", because obviously you can't play them properly with the settings we have here. sometimes it's just little thing as like, a map is in series, so when you get to the last part of the part1 map, there is a teleport that will teleport you to part2, but then in our server, you get an error message because we dont have the other parts, or sometimes, it's just literally map breaking, because you can't get something to work or some item from old weapons, so you're juste stuck lul
Yeah, some maps are meant either for Unreal or using Coop mode. But that is entire different server not MH lol, but some people made conversions to MH but didnt do it so well. So some have like you said teleporters with no end, If you find these maps also report them as very likely there is a fixed version of it. If not then I think I can add an end for it, (I am not good with UnrealED but I think I can manage just for that lol)
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:45 pm as for the normal weapon MH, maybe it will attract new players who knows, i myself like the NW3 weapons alot more with MH, but wouldn't mind playing NW if there's company there
I too like MH more with NW3, but looks like people like more with normal weapons. And I think a version of normal weapons with our current MH mod would be interesting.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2023 11:40 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 16, 2023 3:45 pm i think the crash that happens when changing maps is because sometimes a map can't load because it's missing some files so it switches to another one ?
When map changes and it's missing files server creates a log for this (as it's handled by engine) but this crashes are not normal as we dont get logs. And the crash I saw happen was when we voted for MH-()mg-Crazy and that map is working fine if you vote for it again.
I believe there is some crash either with XC_Engine or 469c when after a long map is played the next map you vote will crash when changing map.
But it's hard to debug without logs.
oooh, now that i think of it, yes i get an XC_Engine "loop"? error when sometimes i switch from map to map ... I even took a screenshot to share it here but was like nah maybe it's juste not that important and deleted it xD , now i'll make sure to report it if i encounter the error again :thumbup
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

I've noticed that the score goes into the negative sometimes, idk what can cause this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:05 am I've noticed that the score goes into the negative sometimes, idk what can cause this
I have seen that. In some maps if you kills Nalis or Cows they give you like -10000 (or something absurd) for each kill. Could try to cap it to just -100.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 5:06 am
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Wed Aug 23, 2023 4:05 am I've noticed that the score goes into the negative sometimes, idk what can cause this
I have seen that. In some maps if you kills Nalis or Cows they give you like -10000 (or something absurd) for each kill. Could try to cap it to just -100.
oh i see, yea the score gets crazy low, btw, i noticed that my score resetted to 0, maybe because i have a dynamic IP ? :think i play with the same name
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:03 pm
oh i see, yea the score gets crazy low, btw, i noticed that my score resetted to 0, maybe because i have a dynamic IP ? :think i play with the same name
Stats works just with the name. What is the name you are using?

EDIT: OK I think I found the issue. Stats are not being loaded/Saved if you enter the server and map has not yet started.
If you reconnect after map started it will be fixed.
Will fix this on next version.
Cross_Eyed_Noob
V.I.P.

=(V)=Mar wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 2:24 pm
Cross_Eyed_Noob wrote: Sat Aug 26, 2023 1:03 pm
Stats works just with the name. What is the name you are using?

EDIT: OK I think I found the issue. Stats are not being loaded/Saved if you enter the server and map has not yet started.
If you reconnect after map started it will be fixed.
Will fix this on next version.
you da best :cow5
=(V)=~Sean~
Pilot First Class

Post by =(V)=~Sean~ »

^ From above

"i think the crash that happens when changing maps is because sometimes a map can't load because it's missing some files so it switches to another one ?"

I believe each server only has one re-direct server, correct ?

"I believe there is some crash either with XC_Engine or 469c"

The 4.69c patch has errors, as detailed on old-unreal.com. There is a 4.69d patch in the works, and it definitely needs it. I believe the 4.69b patch was the best out of them all, so far. I purchased a new video card, and it has improved my PC performance drastically, but there are still errors with this almost 25 year old game. Ferali Dragon really pushed the limits with what the Unreal Engine can do, and others as well. The UE 5 version would probably be where to take this game. I am sure there are modders amongst us that are tinkering with it.

:flying1

~ Don't Let The Bastards Drag You Down ~
=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

I disabled some fixes from XC_Engine because I think they were having issues with 469c,
I think the server is now smoother? Or is it just me? (Maybe my ISP is giving me better internet priority lol)
Will be monitoring server on how well it handles with these changes, but If you notice something out of the ordinary or you see/get a server/ut crash please let me know.
=(V)=RocketJedi
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by =(V)=RocketJedi »

=(V)=~Sean~ wrote: Sun Aug 27, 2023 10:46 am ^ From above

"i think the crash that happens when changing maps is because sometimes a map can't load because it's missing some files so it switches to another one ?"

I believe each server only has one re-direct server, correct ?

"I believe there is some crash either with XC_Engine or 469c"

The 4.69c patch has errors, as detailed on old-unreal.com. There is a 4.69d patch in the works, and it definitely needs it. I believe the 4.69b patch was the best out of them all, so far. I purchased a new video card, and it has improved my PC performance drastically, but there are still errors with this almost 25 year old game. Ferali Dragon really pushed the limits with what the Unreal Engine can do, and others as well. The UE 5 version would probably be where to take this game. I am sure there are modders amongst us that are tinkering with it.

:flying1
totally different set up now. The server automagically compresses and sends files directly from the server so no more .uz compression and then uploading to a redirect server Thanks to XC engine.

any maps that crash are automatically removed from the mapvote list so they are not voted again. A list of crashed maps are then logged. once logged I usually attempt to find compressed version of the maps and compare files.

=(V)=BloodyRabbit wrote: Tue Oct 10, 2017 3:13 pm That was EPIC! I just creamed all over my panties!!!
=(V)=BloodyRabbit
Co-Leader

Post by =(V)=BloodyRabbit »

What a damn good support team.

Good job all
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Feb 02, 2017 9:16 am WTF I shot this twat-a-potamus and he didn't die!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:01 am wtf lag is that!
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:31 am I cant believe i have to waste my time on this
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:44 pm During the Cold War, the U.S. considered airdropping enormous condoms labeled "Medium" on the Soviets
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Oct 05, 2017 8:36 am A free picture of DEEZ NUTZ
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:12 pm bahaha this is great news
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:33 pm how about we mute the entire server then all you can do is play or rage quit.
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:02 am FML im old and chics don't check me out anymore
=(V)=RocketJedi wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2017 10:49 pm BloodyRabbit is the sexiest man alive!! (Rubs nipples)

Oh RJ, the things you say. This is worth the super long sig :laugh :vmrocks

=(V)=Mar
Colonel

Post by =(V)=Mar »

Do you remember what map was this?

Return to “Mods, Coding & Programs”